sick and tired

Options
2mouse63
2mouse63 Posts: 66 Member
I am so sick and tired of needing to run for the bathroom or trash can after I eat something. This lapband has to go....and the sleeve put in. Has anyone else feel or had felt like this before? What can I do?

Replies

• 2mouse63
    Options
    I now know what is going on and why I can't hold nothing in my stomach. I went today to my dr and the xray department and he found out that my port for my band is upside down plus I have a band that slipped. Right at this moment the slip is only a medium size but he said he is going to move my request for insurance so I can get into surgery faster. Now I am getting scared and worried about this slip. How did this happen? I was doing everything right. Has anyone else have this happen is it safe. any advise is helpful.
  • sue100194
    sue100194 Posts: 129
    Options
    I've never heard of it but don't know much about lapbands. Have you tried asking the same question in the gastric bypass / lapband group? There may be more with experience in that community. It sounds terrible but I'm glad you've seen your doctor about it and he's able to help. Hang in there. I'm wishing all the best for you.
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was in a class where there were three people who had the Lap band and were having a revision to the sleeve as they were reporting the same problem you are having. One woman said she had been vomiting daily for almost two years. I would check with. My surgeon to see if insurance would cover a revision. This is what it is called when go from lap band to sleeve. Wish you luck and hope this can be done sooner rather than later
  • 2mouse63
    Options
    Thank you both. I have asked folks over on a different site under lapband community. So far, no one had anything to say. Guess they are scared about that too. I just don't know....As for my insurance I have talked to them about this and they said that this would need to go to the board after my doctor writes up the information letter for approval. I asked the rep. for my insurance after I took her what was happening and she sounded like I would be approved but it depends on the request and what the board says. I am just praying that is works out.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Several of the folks in my local support group had to have it removed. Most who had issues are band to sleeve or band to R&Y conversions because of slippage, rejection, (undiagnosed laytex allergy), or just plain failure to lose weight with it. You are not alone. All are doing well now. Good luck!
  • mmanley0003
    Options
    i just wanted to say I am so sorry you are having to deal with this! I pray things get better soon!
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    There is a band to sleeve sub-forum on another message board I frequent - might be worth checking out!
    http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/394-band-to-gastric-sleeve-revisions/
  • Mbdb131
    Mbdb131 Posts: 13
    Options
    hi, i suffered a slip not once but 2x with my band. I never vomited with my slip. I suffered very bad reflux (vomit) during my sleep. Nothing worse than waking up to choking on your own vomit.!!!! lol im glad had my band removed!

I now know what is going on and why I can't hold nothing in my stomach. I went today to my dr and the xray department and he found out that my port for my band is upside down plus I have a band that slipped. Right at this moment the slip is only a medium size but he said he is going to move my request for insurance so I can get into surgery faster. Now I am getting scared and worried about this slip. How did this happen? I was doing everything right. Has anyone else have this happen is it safe. any advise is helpful.