Almost 4 months out and stalled!?

Options
I was cruising along, lost 37 pounds the first 3 months and have reached a stall. Here's what changed: I started Medifast. I couldn't get all the protein in or calories up on my own so it seemed like Medifast would be a natural. I do meet all the protein goals now but gained 2 pounds the first week and have lost one pound each week since. I start my 4th week tomorrow and am wondering if I should just go back to doing what I was doing before. There have been benefits- I have so much more energy and feel better now. But, the whole point is losing weight, thoughts?

Replies

• candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion so please take it as that.....

You SHOULD NOT be on a diet of any form. You need to focus on healthy eating habits. Focus on getting in protein from food and fruits and veggies.

If you follow your doctors advise you WILL be successful. Make an appointment with your nut and discuss what your options are. They are there to help you be successful!

I wish you the absolutel best! Just remember to take it one day at a time YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • MsNParker
    Options
    Thank you. I was really struggling with getting in calories and protein. I'm going to give it another week since I have the food. Thanks for responding!
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I wish you the absolute best! This is still a learning process and we have to find what works for us!

I haven't lost a thing for 3 weeks and I have not changed a thing but I have lost 68 pounds since I started.....I am 6 months out from surgery.

Just think of where you will be in a year from now and that should put a great big smile on your fact!!!