Newbie to the group

Options
Hi, all. I tried fitness pal a few years ago, but I didn't join the groups. I'm trying again now that I have a better understanding of why I am struggling to lose weight. I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago when my husband and I were trying for a baby. My doc put me on metformin to help with the fertility issues. I got pregnant pretty quickly once my system and hormones adjusted to the metformin.

After baby, I'm still having a great deal of trouble losing the weight. I managed to get down to prepregnancy weight (170) while breastfeeding, but then my stress kicked in, my hormones went haywire, the breastfeeding stopped, and the weight slammed back on.

I am 5'7" and 190 lbs. That doesn't sound bad, but when I am too big for most size 16 normal pants, and too small for 16 W. (The 16W fits in the morning, but by noon, I'm hiking them up like Steve Urkle did.)

I'm eating a lot less than I used to, Eggs and Bacon in the morning, fruit or yogurt for lunch, and then a sandwich for supper... sometimes a slice of pizza. After I put my squirt to bed, i usually have cereal to handle the sweet craving I get at night. Usually that's it. I walk between 30 and 50 minutes a day...climb about 20 flights of steps a day, and then I chase my little munchkin around when I'm not worn out.

I'm on Minastrin Which used to be Loestrin 24 FE, but now it's a chewable.

Despite all this, I see my weight swing between one or two lbs, and it's pretty cyclical if I look at my weight chart.

I tried taking metformin xr, but the doc gave me too high a dosage. I recently found the 500mg XRs that my PCP had given me years ago. I am going to start back with them, and build back up to the 2000 my GYN wants me to take.

Anyway, I'm going to try that, but I also just wanted to talk to some folks who know what it's like to have PCOS and struggle. My family doesn't quite understand it. If you look at the women in my family, it's clear it's a genetic thing, but no one wants to believe it. I figure by reading others struggles, and sharing my own, I will find the encouragement and motivation i need to keep at it.

Thank you all for your time. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!