4 more weeks to go...

Options
Hello everyone. I have 4 more weeks to go and I am so anxious and excited. I am consistently reading up on everyone else's posts and blog and I thought it was time to write one of my own. I have been struggling with weight pretty much my entire adult life. During my last pregnancy I reached over 300 lbs and I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. I knew at that point I needed to make some changes otherwise it would turn into something worse. Since I had my baby in August 2013, I have dropped over 30 lbs just counting calories and using meal replacement shakes. I have been researched WLS for over 2 years now and I made the decision in September to seek the guidance of my local hospital WLS program. Since then I have been debating whether or not to get RNY or VSG and I have made the decision to go with VSG. If anyone would like to share experiences or has suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    The OBSESSING? This is sooooo normal! Use your energy to get as educated as you can about the procedure and your new lifestyle. Follow your doc's instructions, take your supplements, get your protein and fluids no matter what. For the first few weeks after, you won't feel like putting anything in your stomach. Fight it. Get your fluids and protein and you'll feel better faster. Walk and you'll feel better faster. Begin a walking or exercise plan now if you haven't yet. Be prepared to be a hormonal, emotional nutball for a month or two. I cried at the drop of a hat for 2 months and I'm NOT a crier. Good news is, all of that will pass, you'll feel amazing in your changing body in short order! Good luck!