HRM's

Options
cookiekrunch
cookiekrunch Posts: 65 Member
I want to have an accurate accounting of my calories that I burn. I have a feeling I am overestimating the figures and am looking for the best but reasonably priced HRM. I plan to use it for walking, step aerobics and possibly kickboxing. Any advice and/or comments will be accepted. :smile:

Replies

• missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I don't have a HRM but I have a BodyMedia armband. It tells me how many calories I burn during the day, how many steps I take, how many minutes I was physically active and how much sleep I got (if I wear it to bed). You can add how many calories you ate that day on the website and it will tell you your calorie deficit.

You have to have a subscription because the info is upload to their website. But you can link your account with MFP and some other apps/websites.
  • beautifulctb
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4 HRM. I can't workout without it!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT7 it's around $70.00 on Amazon.
  • msShellyShellz2
    msShellyShellz2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There are plenty available the cheapest are touch for pulse watch types with these u have to stop running and hold a button to record. There's strap around the chest types that show the info on a watch or others that sync to your phone without a watch by bluetooth with the use of a app. I use icardio app (6$ in app purchase hrm function)with a jarv BLE monitor 30$ on amazon with the Samsung S4. Icardio is integrated with mfp. Hope this helps.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 user here. Simple and easy read face....purchased from Amazon last fall.
  • soulsnette
    soulsnette Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 that I bought from Amazon. I love it!
  • Ternicia
    Ternicia Posts: 9
    Options
    Polar FT4F user! Purchased on eBay for $50. I absolutely can't leave home without it!