Hi, I'm new!

Options
jerilynconn
jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
Hi :)

I started strong lifts this week. Some of these lifts I have never done, the others its been years. I have much more fat and less muscle since then.

I currently am eating about 1700 calories and aiming for 120+ grams of protein. I am currently gluten free and lactose free while figuring out exactly what has been causing major stomach/digestive issues and constant headaches.

I am a stay at home homeschooling mom of three boys. I have not lost all of my pregnancy weight from my third baby who is TWO! I am okay with the weight but not the fat. Today is warming up here in the midwest and its reminding of how much I dread summer because I cannot hide behind big jackets... And also the fact that I have no summer clothes :/

Anyways, i am glad to be here. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I am fairly new also. I just completed my 4th week of SL. And I feel amazing so far. Three months ago, I could barely do 1 squat with no weight.

Our calories and protein levels are the same. I also have 3 munchkins but 1 is a girl. Up until this year, I home schooled them also. It is a great thing your doing and a hard one. It definitely is more challenging when they get older.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hey Sara and welcome...I am 6months new...

we are eating about the same with the same protien...they are good numbers apparently.

As for the lifts you haven't done...I was the same way..never done DL's in my life...now they are my favs...

As for you baby weight after 2 years...no worries I am losing my babyweight finally and he is almost 20....:bigsmile:

I am sure you will love it here such a great bunch of supportive women...any questions please ask we all do what we can to help even if it's to say Way to go...
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Thanks all! :D

Headed to the gym soon. I get so nervous! I hope I can learn to be more comfortable in the weight room, and not let it keep me from reaching my goals.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find lots of encouragement and helpful advice here. I've been lifting for over a year but I'm still learning a lot from these ladies! :)
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! :D

Headed to the gym soon. I get so nervous! I hope I can learn to be more comfortable in the weight room, and not let it keep me from reaching my goals.

I completely understand. I feel so out of place...but I am doing some research and start lifting stronglifts NO MATTER WHAT!

:wink: I am new too....
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    It has helped me to bring my headphones- I either listen to a podcast or an audiobook. I like the strong lifts app too. It not only gives me something to fiddle with but also helps me keep track of the time In between sets.

The you tube videos on form are so helpful. I practiced at home with no bar. Lol.

In the end, my desire to be less fatty and more muscular beats my nervousness. I am loving this :D
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Welcome new ladies! Soon you will feel like the weight room is your second home, especially if you go around the same time each time. You're going to love it!!! : )
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. My first day in the weight room was yesterday and it seemed that the whole way there i had a mantra running in my head say "Please let it be empty. Please let it be empty." Well, it wasn't, but I went in anyway and did my first day of strong lifts! Hopefully I can continue being confident as I progress without looking like i need a copy of Weight Training for Dummies!
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. My first day in the weight room was yesterday and it seemed that the whole way there i had a mantra running in my head say "Please let it be empty. Please let it be empty." Well, it wasn't, but I went in anyway and did my first day of strong lifts! Hopefully I can continue being confident as I progress without looking like i need a copy of Weight Training for Dummies!

Weight training for dummies....man your thats such a good idea!! I never thought of getting that book... :wink:
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

Congrats on your first day :drinker:
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a proud and happy product of homeschooling, so yay for you!

I was scared out of my mind to start weight training, so I had to set a day on the calendar to just walk around the weight room once, without touching anything, just looking. After that, I felt a little less scared because I knew where everything was. Almost four months later, I am psyched to walk in there for every training session. Nobody pays attention to me beyond the occasional "hello."

Alone time with those heavy weights is so therapeutic!

:smile: