11.5 years out from RNY--regained 80 pounds

So here I am, starting from scratch, but I know I still have my tool. My husband is having lap-band, and so I am inspired to get back on board. I have a pair of size 10 jeans I would love to wear again. My weight the day of surgery was 341. I weighed myself on Wednesday (when I started in earnest) and it was 241. My initial goal is to get back under 200...

Here we go!

Replies

• bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    its really really hard, I know its been a constant struggle for me , ive been at it for a year, lost 30 lbs, so far, i'm doing a 30 day pouch reset , which was recommended by a local WLS Nurse (not through my original doctor or nurse) when i went to a local support group , this past year of dieting has been VERY hard with moves, started in February in New Mexico , then back to Texas in June moved to Florida- so i am actually happy with the 30lbs gone

my recommendation go to Kaye Baileys website - do at least a 5 day reset, get back in touch with the "rules of the Pouch"
    I dont know if you had to "fight to get approved" or not, i didnt , mine was automatic, so i cant relate to those who did ,

Remember how awesome you felt when you were thinner, GUILT HAS NO PLACE IN YOUR PLAN FOR SUCCESS!!!! find something (s) to motivate you constantly, i use a couple phone apps , and my fitbit flex to remind me every hour visually and with the app timers to keep me on track , ive fallen off the dieting wagon for about 5 months , but maintained most of my loss, which is good enough for me .