Fasting

I am 48 years old and my goal is to lose 22 pounds.
I am thinking of incorporating fasting into my new health plan.
How about we start a challenge of fasting Mondays and Thursdays for the rest of this month?

Replies

• tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Wa alaykum asalaam! I would love to join you, but I'm at a point where it's really important for me to eat a little something every 3 hours to keep my metabolism going. I'm interested to see how this works out for you though. Good luck, may Allah (SWT) make it easy for you.
  • ks467
    ks467 Posts: 21 Member
    Aa sisters. What a great way to incorporate our sunna into a healthy lifestyle. May you be rewarded for all the niyah.
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,224 Member
    You know I've actually read about a diet the incorporates a day of fasting during dieting. Not sure what it's called but it's there. To be honest I haven't tried it. I would say fasting and working out is effective in making one lose weight but since the body goes in starvation mode I am not sure how much of the weight one loses is actual fat and how much of it is muscle loss/water loss.

I usually try keeping a healthy diet during the month of Ramadan and yes, it does lead to weight loss. Having said that, I still might not incorporate fasting in my weight loss regime, mostly because of my personal preference. When I work out, I absolutely need water to keep myself hydrated and fasting just makes me low on energy and I have to cut back on my workout time.

Truth be told, I do have about 15 fasts that I missed in Ramadan and I'm currently in the process of fasting. Tomorrow Insha'Allah I will be fasting, and hopefully manage to work out and eat healthy.
  • keshamichelle
    keshamichelle Posts: 3 Member
    السلام عليكم
    This sounds like a great idea, الحمد لله.

May Allah purify our intentions... امين

KeshaMichelle