POF

Options

Replies

• sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I'm saying especially at first dates I think they'd make an effort to be somewhat punctual. If I'm running late, I text them right away and let them know, but it's only happened once, then he ended up being even WAY later than I was! UGH...

I'm kinda new to the dating scene and didn't know what the 'norm' was. Thanks for your input!!! :)
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a norm. There are those who are late to everything and don't see it as an issue, there are those who are early or on time and see tardiness as the greatest disrespect ever, there are those who are sometimes late, sometimes early and just roll with it.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I have never been stood up and I have never stood anyone else up. I find being late can only be excused up to a half hour and they pretty much need a dr. note by that time. Anything after 15 mins pretty much means the guy better be awesome on the date. I am a stickler for being on time and have given up on friendships with people that are always late.

"NEED A DR'S NOTE!" :laugh: I love it!!
  • ronnieboling
    Options
    Hopefully, I wont get flamed for this post.

I have been ignored a couple of times after sending a quick message. Obviously if you aren't interested, it's perfectly fine, and I am not upset.

However, it's not difficult to send a message to say "I'm not interested"

In my opinion simply blocking someone is rude. Would you completely ignore someone in public if they said hi?

I personally don't block anyone after one message. I will tell them I'm not interested, and if they continue to message me, I will block them at that point.

There are some occasions when I simply don't respond, and if I get more messages after I choose to not respond, I will block them.

On another note, I have had relatively decent luck on PoF, and I have met a few nice ladies. I have never stood anyone up, but I have been stood up before.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I just got back on POF... again. So I am getting a lot of messages, I swear they are looking for fresh meat. I usually don't respond to someone that just says 'hi' unless he is pretty cute. I also don't respond when there isn't a picture, although I did once because he sent me a message I just couldn't help but respond to.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

I have been ignored a couple of times after sending a quick message. Obviously if you aren't interested, it's perfectly fine, and I am not upset.

In my opinion simply blocking someone is rude. Would you completely ignore someone in public if they said hi?

I personally don't block anyone after one message. I will tell them I'm not interested, and if they continue to message me, I will block them at that point.

There are some occasions when I simply don't respond, and if I get more messages after I choose to not respond, I will block them.

On another note, I have had relatively decent luck on PoF, and I have met a few nice ladies. I have never stood anyone up, but I have been stood up before.

No flaming here, but I have to admit, I've avoided the "not interested" response because I don't want to receive the "how are you not interested, you didn't even give me the chance to get to know you, you are a shallow @$%!& for judging me before you get to know me" annnnnndddd..... then the infamous block.

Only person I've ever blocked was someone who was way to close to home, and some dude that was trying to shove God down my throat.

And unfortunately blocking someone on POF does not prevent you from seeing them again in the search and other features.
    Kind of annoying, when you don't care to see thier stupid @$$ face.
  • ronnieboling
    Options

No flaming here, but I have to admit, I've avoided the "not interested" response because I don't want to receive the "how are you not interested, you didn't even give me the chance to get to know you, you are a shallow @$%!& for judging me before you get to know me" annnnnndddd..... then the infamous block.

Only person I've ever blocked was someone who was way to close to home, and some dude that was trying to shove God down my throat.

And unfortunately blocking someone on POF does not prevent you from seeing them again in the search and other features.
    Kind of annoying, when you don't care to see thier stupid @$$ face.

Well, yea, I can understand that. Typically, if someone says they aren't interested, I don't care to know why just because it has the potential to be hurtful.

I do wish there was a way to block those people that you know arent interested in you. I have sent a message to someone before, and they werent interested, then like 6 months later, I had forgotten and sent her another message because she appeared in my matches again. That's quite embarrassing
  • sweetcurlz67
    Options
    I made the mistake of speaking w/someone on POF w/o a pic. We got along ok, shared a couple of emails (I have a dating email w/out giving out my personal info). He sent me a pic & I KNEW right away that he was NOT my type! A little later on, I did tell him we could go no further than what we were doing - chatting online. I wanted to be honest with him. He was 'ok' with that but still 'tried'. He canceled his POF account but sent me emails. Next thing I knew, he sent me a friend request on FACEBOOK!!!! WTF??? How the HECK did he find me on FB?!?!?!?!?! But he did. I did NOT accept it. I checked my email, he sent me an email stating that he found me on FB and sent me a request. I did not respond. A few weeks go by, he sends me another email, I do not respond.

Point of this post.... BE CAREFUL out there!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jkandktmom
    Options
    I have one of those first names that you can put that and my city in Facebook and I come right up. To avoid this I use my intials (CJ). Of course I tried to have my Facebook as locked down as possible just in case.

I think I've been on and off POF for too long. I have had guys send me a message just to say "welcome back".:laugh:
  • sweetcurlz67
    Options

I think I've been on and off POF for too long. I have had guys send me a message just to say "welcome back".:laugh:

LOL! cute!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    JK "Welcome Back" I'm such a jerk for thinking this, but I've done that to guys before. Oh man. I don't mean it in a bad way, but :sad: to me..

No personal info goes on mine, I'm truly leery to hand out my phone number too. Just too much drama. Texting is exclusive to people I know, and like. LOL

I do have a guy who repeatedly comes back and says "hi" or whatever, and I keep telling him "Chris - No" I've been exceptionally polite in the past but the danged kid can't remember who I am, and asks how I know him. He's not slow, he's just a butt, who only wants a piece of booty. I rarely change my pic.

I suppose I just have an ungodly memory.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    @ronnie - I would never tell someone 'I'm not interested' neither would I want anyone to tell me 'I'm not interested'.

I think it's perfectly acceptable that no reply MEANS you're not interested!! I get your point about not ignoring someone if they came up to you in person, however, I'd still not utter those words, I'd make it obvious some other way but cutting the conversation short or something.

Why would you want to see the words written out for you?? Isn't it obvious?
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

That's funny! :laugh:
  • ronnieboling
    Options
    @ronnie - I would never tell someone 'I'm not interested' neither would I want anyone to tell me 'I'm not interested'.

I think it's perfectly acceptable that no reply MEANS you're not interested!! I get your point about not ignoring someone if they came up to you in person, however, I'd still not utter those words, I'd make it obvious some other way but cutting the conversation short or something.

Yea, I understand what you're saying, and I suppose the only way to know that you were blocked us to try to send another message after you didn't get a response the first time.

I've been a member for a couple of years now and sometimes I forget that I've tried to message someone before and they didn't respond. Like I said earlier I kinda wish if someone blocked you, you couldn't see them anymore.

I think personally I've only blocked 2 people.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Yea, I understand what you're saying, and I suppose the only way to know that you were blocked us to try to send another message after you didn't get a response the first time.

I've been a member for a couple of years now and sometimes I forget that I've tried to message someone before and they didn't respond. Like I said earlier I kinda wish if someone blocked you, you couldn't see them anymore.

I think personally I've only blocked 2 people.

I've often wondered why guys send another message after I've already not replied but its not something I dwell on. Dont worry about it. Worry about the girls that are interested not the one's that aren't !! :bigsmile:
  • jkandktmom
    Options
    I had a guy message me a few days ago saying "I think I messaged you something silly awhile ago but I'm trying again". I seriously don't remember him messaging me. Fast forward three days, we now have a date next week.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I had a guy message me a few days ago saying "I think I messaged you something silly awhile ago but I'm trying again". I seriously don't remember him messaging me. Fast forward three days, we now have a date next week.

So, it's worth trying again?? Or do you think he made that up to grab your attention?? lol
  • jkandktmom
    Options

So, it's worth trying again?? Or do you think he made that up to grab your attention?? lol

I think it's worth trying again!!

However, I still think he's wrong. My first message to him was 'I don't think you message me before but I'm glad you did this time".
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

I think it's worth trying again!!

However, I still think he's wrong. My first message to him was 'I don't think you message me before but I'm glad you did this time".

Ya my guess is he probably couldn't remember, so said it to save face just in case!!!
    Good luck on your date! (or if you had it, how did it go?)
  • jkandktmom
    Options
    Thanks Kim! I did go, in fact we had 4 dates in a week. I truly can't tell you if I'm attracted to him. There are things I like about him and things I don't. After dating someone for 4 years that never told me I was pretty it's nice to hear it. I guess I'll just take it slow- yes four dates in a week isn't slow but I probably won't see him this week (kid week) at all.