How soon after giving birth did you start working out again?

Options
2»

Replies

• hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This is very inspiring, Thank you!
    It wildly depends on how the birth goes. With my first I bled a lot after his birth it was a long time before I felt human again! With my second, although not doing "workouts" I was back to everything within a week or two. With my 3-5, after a few weeks I felt great. With my twins 6&7, I had both a vaginal birth and a c-section and then I had complications from the surgery. It was close to 5-6 months before I was ready to do anything out of the norm. A normal birth doesn't take a huge amount of time to recover from. However, don't push too hard while your body is still trying to readjust and heal. You are taking care of you and a little one. There shouldn't be any pressure to be perfect. You just created a human and an extra organ (the placenta). You just gave birth to a human and lost an extra organ. All of your inner organs were squished for many months and are trying to get back to their normal spot. If you start doing something and feel pain then stop! Now is not the time to push hard. Best wishes!
  • saintpaulJess
    saintpaulJess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it will depend on your birth experience and you should always listen to your body. With my second, I started doing incline walking on the treadmill at 12 days postpartum and jogging at 4 weeks postpartum. I waited until six weeks and my check-up to start any heavy strength training.
  • MeanieD
    MeanieD Posts: 79
    Options
    @mycrazy8plus - BTW I love your pic!