hi Im scared

...its not that easy to say hi to people specifically about diet and exercise, I cringe and shy away from conversations when I am always the fattest in the circle...50 years old, living in the south pacific, inspired by my passion for my dogsport...just wanted more energy in my days...so I started doing something to be better able to walk, play, and cope with a full-time job plus a serious leisure hobby.

Highest recorded weight was 65 pounds ago, started eating more vegetables on Dec 7th 2013, exercising on Jan 7th and tracking on here since Feb 2nd. Have lost 21 pounds since Jan 13th and just starting to see it in my clothes. I still qualify for this group post those losses. :-/

I lost 57 kilos in 2001 and kept it off until getting involved with my now ex, what a waste of time and energy he was. This time I'm using a similar method (gluten free and low/no dairy) but then I just ate when I wanted to and not if I didn't, and sometimes I wouldn't eat for a day and a half or more.

This time I'm trying to change to a sustainable lifestyle instead and tracking calories to ensure my body's requests for certain food-groups are still kept within limits. Tending at the moment to eat vegetables in bulk for some meals and then high protein, low carb for others, for no reason other than the cycling seems to work for my needs.

My goal is to lose 166 pounds, so 101 to go.

feeling brave posting, tbh...isn't that stoopid? lol Just trying to hear "I cant" in my head and think "try it anyway".

Blessings on your day, y'all.

Replies

• truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    It can be scary being the biggest person a quest to lose weight. Sometimes u feel as though comments made by others can be discouraging often times people saying well if you just do xyz.....than you will lose weight........and of course these individuals have no clue what a struggle it is to lose weight at this size
  • lessofmeeachweek
    lessofmeeachweek Posts: 28 Member
    I am scared too. Especially by the amount of weight I have to lose. But instead of focusing on that huge number that seems impossible I am just making small goals and working on that for the time being. I have about 200 lbs to lose. But my goal this week is getting enough water and logging everything. I just rejoined MFP and figured I needed to start somewhere.

I always feel uncomfortable around people when they are discussing weight or anything like that. The biggest problem I have is that people talk about how fat they are, and I am at least 100+ lbs bigger than them.

My mother-in-law often comments and picks on my husband's weight and his brother's weight. They are total opposite: my husband is almost too skinny and his brother has been gaining a little bit of weight over the last few years(but still a decent weight and not very overweight). I can't stand it when she talks about their weight. It isn't her business if they are both healthy and active that should be fine. But then of course I always think "if that is what she thinks about them, what could she probably be thinking about me."
  • taviasgrannie
    taviasgrannie Posts: 14 Member
    would love to have a new friend. My parents have passed so I only have my hubby to help me, but he's gone almost all the time as a long haul driver.