Introduce Yourself

Options
jpfly
jpfly Posts: 17 Member
Hi! I'm Jen and I live in Minneapolis! I really love biking and hiking around the city. My favorites are hiking at Minnehaha Falls and Creek then stopping by Sea Salt for a beverage. Or biking the lakes then stopping at Tin Fish for a beverage. Or hiking/biking along the river and stopping at Vics on Main. See a pattern? I don't really like working out in gyms because I am shy about that. IDK why. I really just don't even like to work out. Biking and hiking I do enjoy. I also love travel, knitting, my cat and Radiohead. I would love to meet some new people from the twin cities area who have similar interests to keep me motivated. Would anybody be interested in maybe doing some group bike rides or hikes this spring/summer/fall?

Replies

• katebowen37
    katebowen37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen! You just combined two of my favorite things, cycling and restaurants. I'd love to get together. I do have a 60 degree rule when it comes to my bike though (I'm kind of a wuss....)
  • jpfly
    jpfly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello!! My name is Lisa and I live in Bloomington. :) The past 3 months I've really developed a love for the gym, especially lifting!! I love to lift!! When I get a chance I also enjoy lap swimming. I'm always up for doing new things though, so I'm always looking for fun new ways to exercise.
  • lauraseymour10
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Laura and I live in Bloomington also. I'm a big gym person but also enjoy walking outside around the lakes in the nice weather... I"ll do it in the winter when it's sunny :)

I'm interested in accountability buddies - especially females and would enjoy learning more about how to "eat clean" - meaning, limiting carbs/refined food, etc. I workout at LifeTime (Bloomington North club) and would enjoy going on some hikes too so maybe we can find a way to meet up in the future?

I just recently re-ignited my food journal (aka myfitnessplan) and I know that's what it takes for me --- writing things down!!! Even though it's a challenge it really helps with seeing what I've been doing and making me more mindful of my choices.

Thanks and talk soon!
    Laura
    PS - I'm 36.. not sure if that makes any difference but thought I'd throw that out.
  • pmcurren
    pmcurren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is pam. I am switching my electronic tracker from " sparkpeople" to myfitnesspal. I want to be able to track my sugar intake. Why change something if you don't understand how much is consumed? This is my struggle
  • singingginger
    singingginger Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Claire, I live in Minneapolis and am working on losing weight, and getting in shape for a sprint triathlon at the end of August. I love doing the 22mi bike loop near my house (river trail, cut over near lake nokomis, around the lake chain, back again via midtown green way.) This account for me is really about monitoring my food intake however. I'm starting to get ready for the swimming portion as well, and am actively procrastinating on the running :smile: