Women over 40...we ROCK! ROAR!!!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
http://fitknitchick.com/2012/09/26/a-crossfit-style-workout-for-at-home/

I just found this website. Pretty cool. Now we all know this great workout she did anyone can do it: Men women teens and children for that matter but she has a program for women over 40 which I think is interesting. I am over 40 and I tell you the weight does NOT want to come off no matter how I burn myself out with exercise or how much I eat less and go to bed hungry!

It is nice to know someone is thinking of us as we once AGAIN in life go through hormonal changes.

I like this workout because she said 12 minutes long but you can break it up to the time you have in the day. You can do it once twice or three times separate or all at once! Cool!

Go ahead challenge yourself and do it!

WW

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't recommend breaking it up, 12 minutes really isn't long and doing it all in 12 minutes gives you hours of calorie burn after all the work due to the way it works the heart rate. I'm glad she showed how the to do the kettle swings from the side - doing the hip thrust really saves your back - very important. I'm also impressed with the size of the kettle she's using - that is a huge kettle. I really liked seeing someone who drops to her knees after a while for pushups! Yeah! As an FYI - if you are super energy bunny style - try running with high knees for the 15 sec 'rest' - your calorie burn will sky rocket! Writing from experience, its actually easier to do a timed set than a numbers one. The goal in a timed set is, write how many of each move in each round down and then the next time you repeat the exercise, see if you can up the number of moves to your groups for each round.

I had a similar repeat workout last night - 10 dive bomber pushups, 5 burpees, 20 side leg squats per leg (total 40 moves), 5 burpees, 10 side plank lift ups per side (20 total moves), 5 burpees, 10 pistol squats per leg (20 total moves), 5 burpees, repeat for 3 rounds for time. Last week that was 25+ minutes, last night was 24:05 minutes. Improvement. Notice - there isn't any 'rest' - darn karate instructor. But I'll take 5 burpees over the "run down the hall, down two flights of stairs, jump back up them, run back down the hall" rest he's done in the past between sets any day. I hate those days even though I know its a huge burn and lots of sweat equity but my lungs cry uncle every single time.
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link.