St. Patrick's Day Race - My First 5K! (Sunday, March 16th)

Options
RinnyLush
RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
Is anyone else running this race? This will be my first 5K and I am pretty nervous. Does anyone have tips for a first-timer running a winter race? I already have a long sleeve running shirt and running tights (both wick-away moisture) and plan to dress in layers. The forecast is looking pretty nice though, so I'm not too worried! Sunglasses... good shoes... Am I missing anything? They took my shirt size down at registration, so should I expect to wear a shirt that they provide?

Sorry for being such a keener. Much excite!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm not running this race, but last year I did three 5KM Races: Color me Rad, Halloween Howl, & Run for the Cure.

If the weather stays as it is now, I think you will not have to worry about Winter running, wear layers still, but make sure you can take off your sweater and tie it around your waist. BUT if it does get cold, just take shorter paces to keep your balance in slippy conditions. But usually they take care of the courses before everyone runs them!

And No you do not HAVE to wear what they give you, It sound like a fun run, so dressing silly in green and such for the event will be fun! Just look up pictures from last years race!

Have fun! It will be awesome! I just signed up for another 5K in September called The Neon Run - a 5KM in the dark, with glow sticks and paints!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness - that neon run sounds AMAZING. I may have to sign up for that as well... Thanks for the tips!