Newbie Starting 5K!

Options
Hi everyone! I just started the 5K training version of Zombies, Run! I LOVE IT!! I hate running, I really do, but this app is making it so much more fun. I'm on week 1 day 2, and pretty sad that tomorrow is my "rest" day. :)

Replies

• krazeedr
    krazeedr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I also love this app, but I couldn't manage to finish the actual running part! I did the Z5K by walking it entirely. I made the goal at the end so I guess it either felt my time was good enough to achieve the mission or it didn't care that much how long the 5K took me to complete. I think I finished the walk within an hour and it called it a win so cool, lol. I walked season 1 and just finished season 2. I really love this app and can't wait for S3 to come out some time next month.

Welcome aboard Runner 5 from Walker 5 (and her mother who I've talked into walking the missions with me, LOL. She's 65 and gets a little freaked out by the zombie breathing noises but thinks the app is tons of fun)!
  • Vaugirard15
    Vaugirard15 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It took me 4 months to complete ZR 5K! I'm now on S2. I don't run the full 5K (though I did at the end of the training app) but I'm now working towards an official 5K at the end of April and plan to run the whole thing (I know I can do it but just can't yet do it 3 times a week!). When doing the training, I kept repeating workouts that were difficult. I think the best part is how motivating it is-- makes you want to get out there and do something: running or walking, it's all good for us!

Stay safe out there, Runners 5!