Walking the metro

Options
SpeedGibson
SpeedGibson Posts: 17 Member
I love walking outdoors. For over 10 years now I've made a hobby of walking every street in cities. I get maps from city hall, then color them in as I complete them. I used to keep more detailed records, so I know that Plymouth was about 500 miles total. Usually this is weekends and an occasional afternoon, a typical outing 2-3 hours = 7-10 miles. The reason I don't keep the detailed records any more is my Fit Bit Zip always on my belt, which of course syncs up here at MFP.

To date I have completed Plymouth, Maple Grove, Golden Valley, Robbinsdale, Crystal, Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center, Osseo, New Hope, St. Louis Park, Fridley, Coon Rapids, Lauderdale, Falcon Heights, St. Anthony, Spring Lake Park, Mounds View, New Brighton, Roseville, Columbia Heights - and - the entire city of Minneapolis. Currently I'm about half done with the city of St. Paul.

Sounds wonderful, but as somebody once said, you can't outrun a bad diet. So while I did lose and keep off 60 lbs a few years ago, I have another 60 to go and the weather has finally let me get outside again, puddles and all.

Replies

• jpfly
    jpfly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is pretty amazing!!!! How long did it take you to complete walking Minneapolis, do you know?
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That's an AMAZING idea!!! Wow!! Hope you don't mind but I kind of want to do that now! Lol. Start with Bloomington and Edina and move on from there. :)