Two week follow up appt.

Options
Syndigutez5
Syndigutez5 Posts: 35 Member
Yesterday I had my two week appt, and it went really well. dr says I'm doing awesome about getting in my protein and fluids. I also get to go back to work next Thursday , which I'm excited and nervous about at the same time. I'm hoping I'll be able to get in enough fluid and food. As sometimes I'm in a long case and don't get breaks. I know it will take some adjusting. Also I have so much energy I don't know if the house could get any cleaner..... lol I'm sure I'm driving my husband crazy because when he gets home from work all I want to do is go out for a walk or shop. Any way I'm babbling.
Thanks for listening.
Syn

Replies

• sue100194
    sue100194 Posts: 129
    Options
    That's great. Congratulations. One thing I've been trying to get in the habit of doing is sipping water constantly while I'm in the car too and from work. That's about 30 minutes each way and it feels like a good use of time besides just dealing with traffic :) Also, during meetings.
    It's easy to get caught up in work to the point where you aren't paying attention to your liquids and protein so that's why I try to get a lot of protein into breakfast and drink a lot of water in the car. Good luck at work.
  • teachren
    teachren Posts: 78
    Options
    Glad to hear you are doing so well. :-) Yes, the water thing gets tricky. I teach so I have my little kids bug me about drinking my water. I put it into 3 different bottles and plan to have one done by 10 am and the next by lunch. If I haven't moved onto the next bottle I always have a kid who goes and picks it up and brings it to me. It's absolutely hilarious. Just have a plan...I find that works best for me.

Your husband will appreciate the extra energy you have at some point! hehe

Keep up the great work.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I have 2 water bottles at my desk and I hide a protein bar behind a model of the kidney that is on my desk and I grab a bite of protein bar or slim Jim between patients.