Testimonials - YOUR story

Options
dorothytd
dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
I recently submitted a testimonial to WAH to hopefully appear on Leslie's upcoming infomercial. Whether or not I'm picked, it was really interesting to look back at the old photos and think about my journey. So I wanted to share it with you and ask that you share YOUR story, even if you're not "there" yet. Because we're all just works in progress. Your journey could be someone's inspiration!

This is from my testimonial on the walkathome site (2011):
Five years ago, we went on a family vacation with our two children, who were 3 and 6
at the time. During that week of walking and carrying them, my husband and I
realized we needed to make some good (and permanent) changes. In addition to
eating more balanced meals, I knew I had to exercise and KEEP exercising. After a
couple of weeks of trying to walk outside, I quickly realized that the weather and our
schedules (we both work full time) weren't going to allow for me to be outdoors on a
regular basis. Determined, I pulled out an old Walk Away The Pounds DVD my sister
had given to me. I was hooked - THIS was exercise I could do! I got some more DVDs
and walked away 50 pounds. Five years later, it is still off and I still love my Leslie
workouts. So much so that I obtained my Walk Leader Certification this year so I can
inspire others to get off the couch and start moving! My message - find an exercise you
love and it won't be a chore. I've got a full life as mom, a lawyer, an active member of
my church, but there is always time to Walk! Walk at Home changed my life - and my
attitude about exercise. - See more at:
http://www.walkathome.com/walk_stories/dorothy/#sthash.Dj9WkNbk.dpuf

March 2014, I am thrilled to say that I still have kept the weight off and
continue to lead my Walk Live class. I now do (and teach) other types of exercise as
well as Walk at Home, but WAH will always be my first love. Without Leslie, I would
never be where I am today, fitness and health-wise. I continue to preach, and I mean
it: THIS is the exercise for life. Anyone can do it, and can get great results.

There are some "before" pictures in my profile, but I think this is one of my favorites (I'm the second one from left):

DorothyDalyNJbefhof_zpsca77098c.jpg

After:

DorothyDalyNJfullbod_zpsdc2b42d1.jpg

Replies

• Kanndj
    Kanndj Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi Dorothy,

I hope you get chosen to be on the infomercial. You so deserve it! I have to ask you how long it took you to lose 50 pounds. My weight has crept up on me since I started working from home. All the sitting coupled with a year of illness not only added the pounds but also made me even more sedentary. My schedule varies, which also challenges me in terms of walking outside, but like you said, I can always walk with Leslie! Thank you for sharing your inspirational story of success!

Karen:bigsmile:
  • flowrgal23
    flowrgal23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Dorothy, very inspirational success story! You look amazing, and what a great testimonial for an infomercial. How wonderful that you are a Walk Leader, too. My results weren't as phenomenal, but I do know Leslie's walks work. I certainly hope you are chosen for the infomercial. Good luck!
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Hi Dorothy,

I hope you get chosen to be on the infomercial. You so deserve it! I have to ask you how long it took you to lose 50 pounds. My weight has crept up on me since I started working from home. All the sitting coupled with a year of illness not only added the pounds but also made me even more sedentary. My schedule varies, which also challenges me in terms of walking outside, but like you said, I can always walk with Leslie! Thank you for sharing your inspirational story of success!

Karen:bigsmile:

Thanks, Karen!! I lost it pretty fast - over about 5 months. I was really determined back then. But it really doesn't matter how FAST it comes off. It matters that you KEEP it off. So you need to do what works best with your schedule and health and all that. Good luck. It is such an awesome program.
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Hi Dorothy, very inspirational success story! You look amazing, and what a great testimonial for an infomercial. How wonderful that you are a Walk Leader, too. My results weren't as phenomenal, but I do know Leslie's walks work. I certainly hope you are chosen for the infomercial. Good luck!

Thanks! My husband thinks I'm a little too into it, but Leslie is just one awesome lady. She really believes what she teaches and has 25 years in the business to show for it. There are lots of great programs out there of all different types, but this one was the one that really hooked me from the start. I love this forum group and seeing how much everyone here loves to "walk" as well!