Share your favorite shoulder/ delt/ upper trap workout out!

Options
I just got done with a shoulder workout! Shoulders for me are my weakest muscle group.. I had surgery on one shoulder almost 10 years ago and in the time my traps have taken over a lot of everyday jobs my delts should have been doing.. leaving them weak :(
I would love love love to hear what you ladies do on your shoulder/ delt/ upper trap days!

My workout looks like this:

Rear Delt Flys
drop set
(for those that don't know; a drop set is where you do your set reps - then lower the weight and do more reps until you can't do anymore)
4 x 15
(4 sets of 15 reps)

Face Pulls
4x15

Upright Rows with the EZ Bar
super set with
Lateral Raises
4x15
(on my lateral raises- since it's a super set; which mean 2 things one right after the other with no rest, i can normally only get 12 or so reps in)

Single Arm Lateral Raises with the Cable
4x15 (on each arm)

Machine Side Laterals
(this one BURNS)
15 reps -with both arms
15 reps with right arm
15 reps with left arm
15reps with right arm
15 reps with left arm (yup i mean to write that twice)

Seated Dumbell Press
15x4

Dumbbell Front Raises
15x4
one arm at a time - but no rest in between!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I do the Stronglifts 5x5 (well, now 3x5) workout, so I don't do much isolation exercises. I have incorporated some rows on the machine even though I do barbell rows. I really like the burn of the machine. I want to try adding in some pull ups as well. Just haven't gotten to it yet :ohwell:

Perhaps, today is that day :bigsmile:
  • meganmarie1992
    meganmarie1992 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Shoulders have been my hardest area to grow! All I want is my delts to pop. :(

Side/Front Lateral Raises (Alternating), 12lb DB x 24
    Standing DB Press with Rotation, 15lb. DB x 20
    Bent Over Rear Delt Raise, 12lb. DB x 15
    Mountain Climbers x 100 (Helps shoulders, core, and just about everything else!)

Repeat 4 times.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    edited because I put something in the wrong topic!!:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing shoulders and back on the same day... here's my combo workout:

Superset:
    Wide Grip Assisted Pull-Up (3 sets, 10 reps + 2 negatives at body weight on last set)
    Parallel Grip Assisted Pull-Up (3 sets, 10 reps + 2 negatives at body weight on last set)

Cable Cross Shoulder Monster Set:
    Single Arm Lateral Raise (4 sets, 12 reps each arm)
    Front Raise with double rope and overhand grip (4 sets, 12 reps)
    Upright Row with double rope (4 sets, 12 reps)
    Face Pull (4 sets, 12 reps)

Tri-Set:
    Seated Row (4 sets, 10 reps)
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown (4 sets, 15 reps)
    Ws (4 sets, 15 reps)

A few weeks ago I switched up my rep/set ranges from the traditional 3 sets, 10 reps to a higher volume program like this. So far, I like it! I'm noticing some soreness that I haven't felt in a while because my lifting routine got stale.