Last appt. with Surgeon yesterday/surgery next week

Options
capecodgirl50
capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
Hi All,

I had my last appt. with my surgeon yesterday. I started my pre-op liver reducing diet today.

While I was at the Surgeon's office, he informed me that I have a hiatal hernia which he will fix at the same time. My insurance company OK'd the surgery last Friday. So I am set to go.

Getting nervous and excited all at the same time. Sometimes I say to myself - "what am I doing!" But down deep I know that this will help me attain my goal.

I weighed 228.2 this morning. Will weigh myself every three days to record the pre-op diet.

I wanted to let everyone know that I have learned so much from reading your messages.

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I had same repair, didn't cure my reflux but makes my sleeve operate correctly. Well, maybe in a way it cured my night time reflux because I no longer get lots of night time head congestion. Just remember to accept the process. walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip, in 6 wks it will all be a memory and you will be throwing out your old wardrobe. Protein, protein, protein is your mantra
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am so excited for you!!!

Remember to take baby steps during recovery. Drink your water... don't let yourself get dehydrated!

My best advise to you is to follow the diet, don't rush any of the stages and enjoy the process!

I am 6 months out and down 73.5 pounds you will be too!!!
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You are entering another chapter in your life and you will not regret it. The people on this site have information and experience that you can only get from any other sources.

Just think how great you will not only look, but feel by the end of summer. Follow post-op instructions to the letter and success will follow.

Good luck.