Starting Insanity

Options
Hi! My name is Jeannie. I am going to start Insanity April 1 or 2, depending when I get to Texas. I will definitely need encouragement. That workout has definitely earned it name. Any advice for me?

3153899.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Jymolloy18
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jeannie. I am going to start Insanity April 1 or 2, depending when I get to Texas. I will definitely need encouragement. That workout has definitely earned it name. Any advice for me?

3153899.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hey Jeannie. This is m second round of insanity and it feels like the first. My advice to you would be take it slow. Don't over do it. Go at your own pace and keep your form. Don't try to go as fast as them you'll eventually be able to speed up once you get the moves down and your mind is focused. Take it day by day. You'll see great results. Good luck!
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'd like to start in April as well.
  • dinnca
    dinnca Posts: 1
    Options
    Started insanity this past week. Its hard but you feel so good after doing it. I can not keep up at times but i just rest then continue on. It seems to get a little easier each day! Will keep you posted on progress!
  • emilysinny
    emilysinny Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity yesterday for the second time. I did it for a couple of weeks last spring, but I wasn't able to finish due to my summer job. I found some links to the videos online, so I decided to start again. I'm soooo sore. I literally cannot walk downstairs.

Jeannie, my only advice to you is to keep going. Don't let being sore or tired stop you. It's actually really fun. I love Insanity. It is really intense, but you just do it at your own pace. Right now, I'm having to sit out a lot more than I'd like, but I'm definitely making progress since my muscles hurt. So yeah, just keep going. You won't like Shaun T at first, but he's a cool dude.

If anyone who is further into Insanity has some advice or wants to support/motivate, I'd love to hear it!
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I am starting Insanity the 2nd round today, scheduled to do my fittest.
    I attempted to do a 2nd round a couple months ago but school got in the way and I had a hard time juggling. I am determined to get it done this time because it is my favorite go to program. I love how it makes me feel, and although I didn't see huge changes on the scale I seen it in measurements and just endurance. My goal is to complete the 2nd round finally and lose some bodyfat in the process. I've done it before and I can do it again, I just can't let my mind beat me.

Goodluck to all.
    Jess
  • Deb_622
    Deb_622 Posts: 694
    Options
    Hi everyone - I am starting week 3 of my first round of Insanity today. I haven't done it before, but for those who are sore are you drinking/eating anything for recovery after you workout (they say it should ideally be within 30 minutes, but no later than 60 minutes after you workout to have a benefit)? I drink a small glass of chocolate milk (1%) after I workout and it seems to help me.

I really love this program - it is fun and challenging, but makes you feel great once you complete each workout

Good luck everyone!

Deb