Just finished my 6 months

Options
wpegues0
wpegues0 Posts: 2 Member
Hello,
I am William and I just finished my 6 months of appointments prior to having sleeve surgery. How long does it take for approval from the insurance company, and any advice going into this will be helpful?

Replies

• suzee279
    suzee279 Posts: 58
    Options
    Once I got all the appointments done and submitted the insurance request, I got the ok in 3 days time. They scheduled me on the first available date (I was very anxious about getting it done quickly) which was 3.5 weeks later.

Good luck!!
    Suz
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My insurance company didn't require a 6 month waiting period. I got approval as soon as I completed my required testing (GI series, cardiologist, etc). My surgery took place about a month later. My BMI was 43 and I had high blood pressure and asthma. Good luck to you!
  • Lorie269
    Lorie269 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Once I finished my 6 month waiting period, my surgeon's office submitted my claim to insurance and I was approved within the week. My insurance coordinator told me that the approval process usually is very quick. I did call the insurance company after 3 or 4 days to make sure that they received the claim. They were the ones that told me that I was already approved. Good luck!
  • VSGJill
    VSGJill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have Blue Cross Blue Shield and I was approved within 24 hours of submitting my paperwork.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Approval almost immediate, scheduling surgery 3 wks
  • lizadaze
    lizadaze Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It varies a lot based on the insurance company, but mine was approved within a week. Things happened quickly thereafter, but you'll have more testing and pre-op stuff to do before getting your surgery date. Once I finished all the testing, the surgery date came quickly, like within two weeks! I had surgery on February 26th and am now four weeks post op. Feeling great and going back to work this week.