Ok, now that we got spring out the way...3/21

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
http://www.aicr.org/enews/2014/03-march/eNews-spring-cleaning-checklist-for-healthy-kitchen.html

So, now that the first day of spring has passed this is very appropriate. I know this will be good for me because when you are organized it helps you focus and follow through better. I need to put it on my calendar.
How about you? How long your spices been in cabinet? You rotate foods in your freezer? Your canned goods no longer good?
Do you still have junk food in your cabinets that keep you from your goals?
Get busy!

WW

Replies

• busybarbie
    busybarbie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :smile: I was just thinking that on my spring break which starts today I gonna declutter my whole kitchen... last night I looked over it boy do I need to get rid of things .. organize and use the stuff that I have or throw it out...
  • Accountess
    Accountess Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This must be spring fever, I was already planning my cleaning per room, dust, wash walls, steam clean, organize, and give to the thrift store. That is a one week project :-)
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Ok - I feel guilty. The last thing I want to do right now is clean. I want to get outside and go enjoy the spring weather. I'm a fall cleaner.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I end up a defeatist when it comes to spring cleaning, I have a ton of things I want to do about the condo, but by the time I get to the weekend (or if I take time off to do it) all I want to do is lie on the couch and sleep and be lazy (I can barely get myself to do regular cleaning). Though when it comes to my kitchen cabinets, the ones that contain food get cleaned out randomly several times a year (the canned goods are gone through at the end of April, beginning of May so I can determine what needs to be gotten rid of, what needs to be donated because it's near enough to the expiration date that I would like to see it used if possible, and what's still good, and then I can restock for hurricane season (June thru November.) My spices are gone through in November/December when I do the bulk of my baking for the holidays. Then any time during the year if I pull out a can or spice that is expired, I go through the rest of them to make sure that they're all still good.

I've got to get better about the rest of the place, especially since I now have to paint the inset in my kitchen and bathroom ceilings now that I've gotten the new lights in, all part of spring cleaning!
  • Accountess
    Accountess Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Challkenge for today MFP'ers is to add 500 more steps to your day! You Can Do This!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Try with my stairs in house.