New to sweating!

mylla013
mylla013 Posts: 25 Member
I have PCOS – I take metformin (1000 mg a day) and Spironolactone (100 mg a day). For my entire life, my body has retained heat. I wouldn’t sweat. OCCASIONALLY I would get a little bit of sweat on my back but nothing much, no matter how much I was doing or how hot it was. To give you an idea, last summer (and I am 37 years old), I was cleaning my car in 90+ degrees and some sweat rolled down my face. My first thought was I must be bleeding from something, because I had NEVER felt sweat roll down my face! Over the past 6+ months though, when I work out, I sweat! A lot by my standards. I know it sounds a little ridiculous, but I am totally fascinated by it! I do exercise regularly, and while I still wouldn’t say it’s my FAVORITE thing to do, I kind of look forward to it because I’m so intrigued by the sweating. I don’t know if my body is finally regulating itself (I hope) or if it’s the spironolactone causing it (as it is a diuretic), but either way, I kind of like it.  Anyone else have a similar situation?

Replies

• arwenbutterfly
    arwenbutterfly Posts: 8 Member
    I don't sweat either. I get REALLY, REALLY Red, and have to back off the effort or else collapse from heat stroke. I've gotten sick several times from it. If I can tell I'm about to get too hot, I take a lukewarm shower, and try to take a nap if I can. Now that I have a little one, the nap may be harder to get. After having my LO, I noticed a little "more" sweat...as in my shirt actually gets damp, but it's still no where near the buckets my husband puts out with the same time of exertion.

I am glad to hear you are sweating!