Shopping in My Attic

Options
This has been an awesome week! Not only did I reach my first goal of entering one-derland, but I dared to go up in the attic and pull out a plastic bin of clothes that I have been holding on to in hopes that one day I might wear them again. Several times, I almost convinced myself that I should take them to goodwill because I will never get there. It just seemed to big of a mountain to climb but I am here to tell you that I am so glad I didn't give up the fight. To my surprise, there were several pair of my favorite capri pants that went on with ease and no more X's in front of my blouse size and no more W behind my pant size. What an incredible feeling! There are some smaller sizes in there of course but now the mountain has just become a small hill and in a few short months those will button and zip too!!

Needless to say, that was the most fun I have had shopping in about 10 years and I never left the house! :laugh:

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful feeling!! Congrats!!
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That must be a great feeling - "Shopping in your closet"

I have done the same - I put away clothes I had (expensive Jones of New York, etc.) in hopes of fitting into them. I have about 5 plastic bins!!!

Can't wait to open them up in a few months!
  • melanieyeatts
    Options
    Thanks girls! It certainly gives that boost of confidence needed to keep going! Sometimes the mirror plays tricks on me and it doesn't look like to me that I have lost all that much but the proof was in those plastic bins! Last summer, the wouldn't even come past my upper thighs!! I can't wait to try on the smaller ones next month.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Can't happen to me, I have never been this size as an adult! At 179 I am now at my 7th grade wt. looking forward to achieving my 4th grade 130 lb wt.
  • moepps
    moepps Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow Congratulations! I can't wait until I can go shopping in my closet again. A few months ago, before i decided to have surgery, I decided to declutter my closet. I was tired of looking at clothes that I couldnt wear! So I did...a whole suitcase full of clothes later, and my closet looked almost bare lol. I can't wait to be able to put on a pair of pants I purchased a year ago!!! Clothes these days are expensive, so Hallelujah to purchasing classic clothes that never go out of style!:happy: