April Monthly Challenge - Weight Loss in kgs...

Replies

• jasneet12
    jasneet12 Posts: 239 Member
    Hello Ive just joined so could u please elaborate how u all planning to lose (both exercizing and diet). Would be of great help. I'm 100kg and would like to be 80 in about 6-8 months and being part of this community would hopefully help me stay motivated.

Hi Ravi
    this particular discussion is for a April Challenge we all have taken to lose X kgs during the month. so i guess you can consider this as a part of the plan to LOSE. but the actual diet and exercise strategy we each follow would be very different. maybe we can do a separate thread for it http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1244841-your-strategy-for-weight-loss
  • jasneet12
    Feeling baaaad! Routine and discipline is not falling into place. Can't expect losing by next weigh in.

@ Rubina i dont have a very strict diet except for a "no fried no aerated drinks no sugar policy" but what really works for me is eating my last meal by 7:30pm max. its only green tea or a fruit (apple or orange only) after that.
    anything after that timeline goes straight to my butt and causes big time water retention!
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Feeling baaaad! Routine and discipline is not falling into place. Can't expect losing by next weigh in.

@ Rubina i dont have a very strict diet except for a "no fried no aerated drinks no sugar policy" but what really works for me is eating my last meal by 7:30pm max. its only green tea or a fruit (apple or orange only) after that.
    anything after that timeline goes straight to my butt and causes big time water retention!
    I should try this tip! Thanks girl. I'm also trying to start Jillian Michael's 6 wk 6 pk abs DVD. 3-4 x a week. Let's see how much I do ofwhat I'm talking about.
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Hi, i am also trying to drink at least 64 oz. water and some yoga.
  • jasneet12
    Hi, i am also trying to drink at least 64 oz. water and some yoga.

i use an app called "water your body" to keep reminding me to drink my liquids! sticking to the 2 ltr mark from the past couple of weeks.
  • Naruto4ever
    Naruto4ever Posts: 112
    Lo behold first wednesday is here!! Lets see what the scale says tomorrow...:smile:
  • HappilyRubina
    So as expected, I didn't lose a grain this week.
    1st April: 66.6kg
    9th April: 66.6kg

:grumble: :indifferent:
    For this week, I'll focus on working out everyday!
  • jasneet12
    just half a kg! thanks to bad eating in this week all due to a wedding! :noway: :frown:

1st April: 83 kgs
    9th April: 82.5kgs

dreading the approaching week; because im close to my cycle and water retention plays havoc! :cry: :sad:

do you face the same? what do you do?
  • HappilyRubina
    I gain water during cycle like a camel. But don't let it get to your head. Avoid salty foods is all. might help. And btw losing half a kg isn't bad. Way to go!! :))
  • Naruto4ever
    My weight today morning : 83.4.... 0.6 kg gone.....
    Deep in my heart i do believe.... We shall overcome this month....:smile:
  • HappilyRubina
    We shall overcome!
  • jasneet12
    the scale hasnt shifted even a bit in this week! :( im dreading the next weigh in!
  • HappilyRubina
    Don't dread the scale. You've been working out, eating right and drinking water. Weight will eventually come off. Keep going. :)
  • HappilyRubina
    So weigh in today. How you people doing?
  • jasneet12
    another 0.5 kg only!

1st April: 83 kgs
    9th April: 82.5kgs
    16th April: 82 kgs

im happy its dropping! but i want it to drop more!!!!!!
  • jasneet12
    weigh ins!!! ???
  • Naruto4ever
    Hi guys.... Sorry am late...
    Dropped 0.5 kg this week
    Weight on 16.04 : 82.9
    Thang god for digital weighing scales.... Hail technology... :wink:
  • HappilyRubina
    Hi. I didn't weigh myself this week and probably won't till the end of month. I'm working on my routine so hard that I don't want to get depressed seeing a stubborn scale. So hope that's OK with our group here.
  • Akashswar
    Akashswar Posts: 30 Member
    Sorry i joined late so will take the challenge in MAY......
  • Naruto4ever
    Hi rubina... U can log in at the end of the month i think...
    Welcome@ akashwar
    I was just thinking.... May be in May we can have a little different challenge...

1) to workout atleast 5 days a week for atleast 45 minutes
    2) to stay within our calorie goals most days.. Can exceed the calorie goal not more than 4 days..
    3) not to weigh oneself for one month...

What do u guys say??:smile: