Newbie to Vertical Sleeve

Options
Hello all. I am VERY new to Post Operation of the VS. I had mine on 3/19. I feel great and am enjoying the lack of foods I am now having. lol Looking for people to talk with who have gone through with this and ideas for meal plans.

Replies

• Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am also a new post-op. My surgery was 3/11/2014. I'm also looking forward to connecting with and learning from others
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open, so feel free to look at what I eat. Stick to your surgeons plan until you are cleared. I am 4 months out and down 72 lbs. I don't eat wheat, rice or potato. I make my own carbs out of chickpea ,quinoa and other high protein non wheat flours. I still struggle getting the protein in and though my labs are great I still have lost a lot of hair. Good luck.
  • shoppinglady1972
    shoppinglady1972 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve done end of December and my food diary is open as well. Feel free to look through it. I do eat carbs (this has been ok'd by my dr and dietician - and I don't eat bread) HOWEVER, I always get my protein in FIRST. Sometimes this is REALLY difficult - most of the time there is only room for the protein. Be sure to follow your Dr and nutritionists instructions and you will succeed! I've lost 49 lbs in just under 3 months.
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Diary is open here as well. Welcome aboard and good luck!
  • fluffychick82
    Options
    I am new as well! March 14 for me :)
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, so feel free.:happy: