Post Surgery Diet Menus

Options
Hey I thought about starting a tread about Sample meals based on what phase your in.

Phase 1, 2 days after surgery
Phase 2 next 7 days (protein shakes, fluids, yogert thinned with LF milk....)
Phase 3 3 weeks

and so on.

My wife is looking for simple meal plans for our family of 5 year olds and an 18 year old without making various amounts of different foods.

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    The problem is that everyone's surgeon has a different plan. Lol! I recommend the carbmaster skim milk cause it has only 60 cal a cup and 11 g of protein. Some days I just have 2 cups for lunch. The first month you are eating so little per day you hardly need to plan much. And you are discovering what you like and hate since often your tastes change post surgery. I just remember getting to soft stage and food going bad because it took forever to finish a dish. My 1st restaurant dish was a child's cheese omelet at IHOP. It took 4 meals to finish it!!! Even my macaroni grill salad today will make 3 meals-as it should at 800 calories!
  • knitnpurlgurl
    Options
    Hello your post op diet is similar to what mine will be.. I have found this site very helpful! What I have been doing with my preop diet is that my family eats the same as me, just on a larger scale because they need to eat healthy too! :-)

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Completely agree with the whole family eating a healthy diet. Why encourage your family to hold on to bad food habits? It will only turn into vascular disease later. No matter how thin they are no family is healthy scarfing down mac and cheese, burgers and fries, and pizza on a regular basis all washed down with soda pop. The whole "I'm thin and active so I can eat whatever junk I want" is a load of crap. I have taken care of soldiers for 13 yrs who are total hardbodies, full sixpack abs with the bloodwork of a 300lb smoker cause they eat absolute garbage.