Leg Day

Options
beeblebrox82
beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
Curious what y'all do for leg strengthening. I have done alot of P90x, some more basic lifting etc in the past, but this year I've been primarily focusing on Leg strengthening through hill sprints.

Do you guys alternate in some leg strengthening cross training? If so what? I've done alot of Insanity and some other synergistic workouts that have really improved my core and lower body strength, I've switched to Body Beast (Beachbody program thats pretty much basic lifting) for a bit to help retain/rebuild some of the muscle I lose during running, but doing the heavy lifting leg day work out on top of a 35-40 miles a week training regimen that usually includes two sets of hills and some other speed training seems like a recipe for disaster.

....but never skip leg day...

Thoughts?

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I've always done some kind of sprinting or hills training. Lately, I have been running stairs, at the community college football stadium down the street, and squatting with weight.
    I am not really sure how much it helps my distance running. But it is fun, and I am someone who needs to mix it up or I get bored.