April 2014 Fitness Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Okay. I got more than 7 hours but less than 8 last night. This was my first night getting that much sleep, but oddly I was more tired today compared to the days when I got little sleep. :huh: Gonna try and get at least 7 tonight.

1 out of 30 days
  • melkadee
    Options
    I'm in! Did I mention I love sleep these days? Lol

How is it going?:flowerforyou:
  • melkadee
    Options
    I got 5.5 hours of sleep last night. The twins woke up super early this morning and of course they just had to come wake me too. :laugh:

1 out of 30 days
  • melkadee
    Options
    I have a newborn are you kidding me!!! LOL
    I don't get more than 4 hours of sleep.Maybe when the kids all move out.....in 18 years or so! :laugh:

Hang in there!:flowerforyou:
  • melkadee
    Options
    I'm in. It will not be easy though. Lately, I've had good intentions of going to bed early and before I know it, its after 1 in the morning, lol!

That happens to me all the time! :laugh:
  • melkadee
    Options
    Checkin' in. Tomorrow's the day! I actually DO have a good sleep schedule...I go to bed regularly at 9:30pm, getting up at about 4am. HOWEVER, lately I've been waking up too much. I'm dehydrated I think! Or whatever. Anyway, my quality of sleep could use a tune-up.

You have such an interesting schedule! :smile: What do you do at 4 am? Do you have quiet time for yourself? Do you start breakfast for the family? Do you have a farm? My dad has a farm and he gets up early every morning. I need a new schedule. What I am doing now is totally not working.
  • melkadee
    Options
    My oh My WHERE is everybody.....still sleeping? Good job!
    I slept well, and even got outta bed at my usual time--4AM
    I slept much better since I drank a ton of water yesterday.

I need to work on drinking more water. TheMMan has suggested a water challenge this summer. We will have in June.
  • melkadee
    Options
    I got to sleep late last night (husband's fault :heart: ) Couldn't be helped! :love: But I took a nap today. Tonight I'll try to keep the family all headed to bed when they get home from bible studies.

Sometimes it's truly worth getting to sleep late. :blushing:
  • melkadee
    Options
    Tuesday night and last night were about the same around 5.5 hours each. I always have good intentions to get to bed earlier, but it never pans out. Going to try again this evening!

Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • melkadee
    Options
    I drank a ton of water today, this is important, because otherwise I wake up thirsty!

How much water do you typically drink each day?
  • melkadee
    Options
    2 out of 30 days
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that water intake is the key to my restful sleep. I am still not consistent about drinking adequate water, so I started tracking it by hand again (tick mark on a card).
  • melkadee
    Options
    3 out of 30 days with seven hours of sleep
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Aww, thanks Melkadee for all the support! I think I am right along with you on the success rate. it seems that Friday night is the only time I get anywhere near seven hours I'm gonna see what I can do with these last 10 days.

Wishing all of you success on this challenge.
  • melkadee
    Options
    4 out of 30 days with seven hours of sleep
  • melkadee
    Options
    5 out of 30 days with seven or more hours of sleep
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    So far everyday this month I have managed to get 9 hours of sleep....It feels so good I think I'm going to go to bed at 9PM again tonight....:flowerforyou:

I have managed to get in bed by 9:00-9:30 each night with the exeption of 3 which were on Saturdays....:flowerforyou:
    Giving me 9 hours of sleep and I must say it feels great
  • melkadee
    Options
    6 out of 30 days with seven or more hours of sleep.

I got eight hours last night and I feel wonderful.
  • melkadee
    Options
    This challenge really made me realize just how little sleep I get. I will continue to work on getting more sleep because it is so important to my overall health. Thanks a bunch guys! This challenge was different.