Exercise Motivation

Options
It's day 2 of my challenge and while my diet was pretty good so far I have a million excuses not to make it to the gym (I'm tired, it's cold and windy out, my stomach aches...). What do you do to motivate yourselves to exercise when you reaaaaally don't feel like going?

Replies

• agborensztein
    agborensztein Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So I slipped up a little on the food earlier, snacked a little too much, feeling a little under the weather, lounging on the couch. Took a nap, and decided I really didn't want to slip up. My first 3 days were solid, not going to let it slip. Just keep reminding yourself of the commitment you made to these 30 days, even if it's a light workout, it's better than nothing. You'll probably feel better after. Just keep pushing yourself, we're in this together!
  • Lizi19
    Lizi19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I think of how awesome I am going to look in a bikini and wedding dress. I also think about that little dark piece of chocolate I will have as a reward. Is it wrong to treat food as a reward? Maybe...but it works as long as the piece is tiny!
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to offer you there. I am totally unmotivated to work out. I am dying for Spring to be here so I can just get outside and move around!

When I do feel the spark of motivation, which isn't often, it is the fact that I will be strong. This time when I lost weight I wanted to focus on weight lifting more than cardio, because I don't want to just be thinner, but I want to be stronger. So, I imagine how much I'll be able to squat and deadlift and bench press, etc. I imagine that I will be one of those girls that can walk up to a pull up bar and bust out 10 pull ups while all the guys around her are like, "What?!?" That I can be one of those girls who can do tons of push ups with no problem. In fact, it's a little motivating just telling it to you. I wish I said this stuff to myself more often! :laugh:
  • curtainpuller
    curtainpuller Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Such good advice. I didn't go to the gym that day... I took a nap instead. It's raining out now but I WILL make it to the gym and get back on my mon-wed-fr-sat work out regimen.