G.I. Joe lied to you

Options
ischmelle
ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
Repost from my status (Sorry to those who have to see it twice!): OK, Day 3 of my 30 days wasn't spectacular (are you seeing a trend here, because I am!) I didn't eat the best, I barely got all of my water in and I didn't drink as much tea as I would like and I am reading the Hunger Games right now so I stayed up WAY too late reading. But, the scale keeps moving. I think right now it is moving out of sheer consciousness that it is suppose to be. That probably won't last forever. I'll eventually gave to get to the gym.

I had M&M's yesterday (told you I needed rehab!), I had my leftover Mexican for lunch so my one day of bad choices then became two days of bad choices (note to self: no more take home boxes. Bad choices should be restricted to one meal only!) I had broccoli and cheese soup for dinner last night that I KNOW has to be loaded with cream and butter because it is delicious. I ate chips yesterday...twice. I'm a mess.

But, I am conscious of it. That's a win. I believe that is the only reason the scale is moving right now. I'll take it. I know I need to eat better. I know I need to get more sleep. I know I need to get to the gym. Remember when G.I. Joe said "Knowing is half the battle"? Well, he lied. I know all of these things and I'm still at the start of the battle Joe, not half way through it.

But, at least I started it! That is farther than I was before. :ohwell:

Replies

• agborensztein
    agborensztein Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hmmm, try to stock the house with healthy snacks. I have trouble resisting snacking too, it helps to have healthy stuff easily accesible. If you like salty snacks, try the 100 calorie pack popcorn bags, I find that it can control my cravings, and portion control! Precut veggies in the fridge works well for me too.
  • curtainpuller
    curtainpuller Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great advice! I have days (months...) like that too sometimes. Healthy snacks are a must! I find that apples (they're sooo filling and satisfyingly crunchy) and tea help curb those cravings.