Racing Shoes

Options
DavidMartinez2
DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
I have a pair of Saucony Virrata I normally wear for 10k and less distances. They feel great when I run in them but after I go over 6 miles I start to get pain in my knee post-run. This weekend I am running four 5Ks the same day. Do you think I should wear them or go with my middle distance shoe?

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Do you have a break in between the consecutive races? If so, I'd say bring both and play it by ear.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Are you racing each of the 5Ks full force? Or are you holding back a little since there are 4 of them? I would think if you are not racing for a PR then the few seconds you would shave by wearing your flats would not make that much of a difference. You could always wear your flats for the first one or 2 as suggested above and switch over if needed...but if not going full force I would think you would be ok in your middle distance shoes the whole time.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I am going to go with my Kinvara's; as Lorierin pointed out the few ounces won't make much differnce and I would feel like a total douche bringing multiple shoes to race in.

I'm not sure which I'm more excited for, my races or watching Hasay/Gruenwald/Martinez in the Female Elite race.