Food Addiction?

Options
onebookwonder
onebookwonder Posts: 17 Member
Wondering if anyone else struggles with this? I often wonder if I'm incapable of losing this weight, or if it's even as a result of the disfellowshipping-stress from the JW's or lack of interest in making friends as a result of that experience?! I was kicked out twice (LOL)...once in 2000, reinstated in 2005, and then kicked out again in 2006. I wonder if I should get some hypnotherapy to "deal" with whatever issues are lingering in my subconscious? I grew up in the "organization", was the daughter of a Presiding Overseer, baptized at 16, served as a regular pioneer for a few months before refusing enrollment to the Pioneer School for my failure to meet the monthly hourly quota, and the rest is history. Grew up with a huge circle of friends in the Org, frequently passed judgment on others for being so "worldly" or for being "bad association", moved to another state to a congregation that wasn't very welcoming, and quickly saw how much hypocrisy existed in the JW's. My family are all still JW's, but fortunately only one brother is judgy towards me, but they all still talk to me and visit from time to time. I got married in 2008, but at 36 don't have any kids, nor do I want any. I feel like I'd be a horrible parent, incapable of giving my kids all the fun experiences I should've had as a child when holidays rolled around...it's awkward because I see how much emphasis some people put on various holidays, and I'm lucky I can remember when my birthday is. Like I said, lots of issues in this brain of mine, and I often wonder if my weight is a symptom of all those issues from my JW past; i.e., rejection, isolation, depression, unworthiness, humility, guilt, etc...