Additional mini competition

Options
Irek_Wawa
Irek_Wawa Posts: 41 Member
Hello fellow competitors. I would like to invite you to additional competition during our challenge. Of course it has been consulted with our organiser :)

The competition would be about measuring our level of physical activity (by counting steps taken throughout a day) and therefore motivating us to move more and lose even more weight.

Prerequisite to participate is possesing ONLY ONE of the following:
- iPhone or Android phone (with installed free Moves app)
- Fitbit device
- Jawbone device
- Withings Pulse

So as you see – almost anyone is able to join.

The app / webpage we would use is called https://matchup.io/ . It’s currently in beta, but works fine (tested it myself). You cannot register on your own, but I can sent you an invite as I’m already a member.

How it would work exactly:
„Matchup treats your competition like a real sports league. That means you'll be matched up against a new opponent every day.” – which looks as below:

mfp110.jpg

We can check our current standing all the time:

mfp210.jpg

There are other cassifications also:

mfp310.jpg

Or

mfp410.jpg

There is also a message board where we can additionally motivate each other or boast about our achievements;)

I think that the competition could start on 5th April so everyone would have time to join and it would last to the end of this challenge.

To join I need you to send me a pm with your e-mail adress, so I can invite you – please register with mfp name, so we would know who is who;) Competition will only consist of this challenge participants.

I’m open to your questions / suggestions of course.

Replies

• Modellabell
    Modellabell Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow competitors. I would like to invite you to additional competition during our challenge. Of course it has been consulted with our organiser :)

The competition would be about measuring our level of physical activity (by counting steps taken throughout a day) and therefore motivating us to move more and lose even more weight.

Prerequisite to participate is possesing ONLY ONE of the following:
    - iPhone or Android phone (with installed free Moves app)
    - Fitbit device
    - Jawbone device
    - Withings Pulse

So as you see – almost anyone is able to join.

The app / webpage we would use is called https://matchup.io/ . It’s currently in beta, but works fine (tested it myself). You cannot register on your own, but I can sent you an invite as I’m already a member.

How it would work exactly:
    „Matchup treats your competition like a real sports league. That means you'll be matched up against a new opponent every day.” – which looks as below:

mfp110.jpg

We can check our current standing all the time:

mfp210.jpg

There are other cassifications also:

mfp310.jpg

Or

mfp410.jpg

There is also a message board where we can additionally motivate each other or boast about our achievements;)

I think that the competition could start on 5th April so everyone would have time to join and it would last to the end of this challenge.

To join I need you to send me a pm with your e-mail adress, so I can invite you – please register with mfp name, so we would know who is who;) Competition will only consist of this challenge participants.

I’m open to your questions / suggestions of course.

Thanks for setting this up Irek_Wawa! After we get the initial email, do we need to wait for another email to actually register? I got a message that said I would be set up shortly.

Thanks
  • BMP9713
    BMP9713 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oooo! I want to join!
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    This looks like a great motivator, and lots of fun. My fitbit went to electronics heaven several months ago…. this gave the me the perfect excuse to go out and by a new one today. Bring it on!
  • elsie1928
    elsie1928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I want to join too. Love a bit of healthy competition!!
  • Irek_Wawa
    Options

Thanks for setting this up Irek_Wawa! After we get the initial email, do we need to wait for another email to actually register? I got a message that said I would be set up shortly.

Thanks

You should get similiar invitation:

matchu10.jpg

And register by clicking "accept" and filling registration form.

To others willing to join:
    I need your e-mail adress to invite you - to not make it public I propose you send it to my by PM here on MFP.
  • Irek_Wawa
    Options
    IMPORTANT UPDATE:

To make it easier for all of us, register with the link below, follow intructions and you will be set to go. Register with your MFP name please and write in this thread that you've registered, so i know who to accept:)

https://matchup.io/group/193/2014-spring-fling-challenge
  • BMP9713
    BMP9713 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've registered!!
  • faerytale
    faerytale Posts: 17
    Options
    Just sent you a message :)
  • DamoniqueW
    DamoniqueW Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oh...I love this. Competition will really get me going!
  • 18minutesorless
    Options
    Ooh this is awesome...definitely joining!!
  • CStellaGo
    CStellaGo Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    IMPORTANT UPDATE:

To make it easier for all of us, register with the link below, follow intructions and you will be set to go. Register with your MFP name please and write in this thread that you've registered, so i know who to accept:)

https://matchup.io/group/193/2014-spring-fling-challenge

DONE!!! LOOKS FUN!
  • danielle2198
    danielle2198 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just registered!
  • meni79
    meni79 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The only moves app I found is $2.99. I cant find the free one
  • Luuvy
    Luuvy Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am going to register right now! I think this is a great idea.
  • Irek_Wawa
    Options
    The only moves app I found is $2.99. I cant find the free one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.protogeo.moves
  • CountryCutie87
    CountryCutie87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Signed up! Under CountryCutie87
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Signed up with Moves!
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If I sign up now with Moves, would I be able to change it to a fitbit if I buy one in the next couple weeks or just keep using Moves?

I registered with moves for now
  • healthynewstart
    healthynewstart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've registered. Sent you a PM as well. Thanks:)