Just did the Unthinkable

Options
luckychef13
luckychef13 Posts: 21 Member
Well, my dress is officially ordered for my September wedding! I just broke one of the cardinal rules when ordering it too. I ordered it a size smaller than I am right now, against the advice of my bridal consultant. Actually, against the advice of his manager. My consultant on the other hand, was like "You go girl!". I figure there's one way to motivate me to get up and move my buns to get this weight off. Order one of the most important & definitely the most expensive piece of clothing I'll ever wear a size smaller & you better believe I'm gonna make sure I can fit into it! NO thank you cupcake, I 'll pass.

Replies

• ashleyolivia
    ashleyolivia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I ordered my dress about 2 months ago, and basically did the same thing. I was in between two sizes, and was told to get the larger size and then plan on taking it in slightly. I opted to go with the smaller size because I knew I wanted to lose a few pounds anyway. 2 months later I have lost zero pounds (I think I've actually gained a few), but I have my first fitting in June and I've recently decided it's time to get serious about this! So I'm with you on saying no thanks to cupcakes (and ice cream and late night sessions with the jar of PB :smile: ).
  • mbarryteach
    mbarryteach Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, I was between a size 24 and 26 and I ordered 22...... my thinking is if this doesn't motivate me then nothing will.
  • Laur005
    Laur005 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My dress is coming in in a month - they ordered it at my current size, but I really want it to be loose when I try it on so I'm stepping it up for the next 30 days! A smaller dress would've motivated me, but it also would have caused me to do some serious stress eating, so no good.
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I bought a 24 and it needed an extra panel well not so much anymore. I have lost 25 lbs and still am losing. No alterations for me thank heavens for a corset back. In 58 days I will be walking down the aisle and I have never been so excited.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine this past weekend. I followed my consultants recomendation and got my current size (well the size that accomodates my stomach lol). That being said I know full well I am going to need alterations regardless and they can easily take it down 4 sizes so I still plan to make it smaller. This way there is a little less stress for me. It is a corset back as well so there is some forgiveness there as well. I have found over hte last few months that while my stamina and strength are improving with my workouts, my weight is being stuborn.
  • moeseytoes
    moeseytoes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My wedding is Sept. 6th and I ordered my dress one size too small as well! I'm in super crunch mode...it's 5 months from today! I'm 30lbs away from my long term goal...and hoping to be down at least 20 by the big day.

I need friends here to help motivate me! I'm logging everyday but could still use some encouragement. It's so hard! I just finished an 8 week long bootcamp and only lost 3lbs., so discouraging.
  • mrsdebsriley
    mrsdebsriley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My wedding is Sept. 6th and I ordered my dress one size too small as well! I'm in super crunch mode...it's 5 months from today! I'm 30lbs away from my long term goal...and hoping to be down at least 20 by the big day.

I need friends here to help motivate me! I'm logging everyday but could still use some encouragement. It's so hard! I just finished an 8 week long bootcamp and only lost 3lbs., so discouraging.

I am also getting married on 6th september! I ordered my dress in january, the lady in the shop took my measurements and discreetly showed me on her size chart that I was between an 18 and a 20. I wanted to order a 16 but was advised not to so went with an 18. It comes in 3mnths time and I need to lose some pounds as I dont want it to be tight in anyway!