Gamma

Options
eganita
eganita Posts: 501 Member
Is anyone doing Gamma? I finished up Alpha + Beta last week and am starting Gamma today. I'm a little nervous but also excited to see what the new workouts are like.

Replies

• mipmicah
    mipmicah Posts: 31
    Options
    I start Gama in 2 weeks... good luck on your new FOCUS.
  • eganita
    Options
    Thank you! I'll post an update after I get through the first week of workouts, in case anyone is interested. Good luck in finishing Beta and starting Gamma!
  • eganita
    Options
    To give you an update... I did the Mon-Thurs workouts and decided to push today's workout to Saturday because I am pretty tired and sore! I was sore here and there from Alpha and Beta, but not like this. I feel it in my arms, core, and upper legs especially.

I actually thought Speed 3.0 was probably the hardest of the 4 workouts (though it was the first one of Gamma as well, so I may have had a biased perspective), at least for me. Or perhaps now that I've gotten through 4/5 of the week, Speed 3.0 will seem easier for me when I do it tomorrow :)

The other workouts have been pretty grueling as well, don't get me wrong.. but they've felt more doable compared to Speed 3.0. In Speed 3.0, there are a ton of "Do a burpee and then do this".. it really wore me out! The other workouts use the dumbbells, so for me, it's nice to mix that up. While it's not easy, it's a different type of workout compared to jumping around and doing burpees, so it feels almost like a "rest" for the other more cardio-based parts of the workouts.

If you have any questions, let me know! I am definitely sticking with this... I am actually already thinking I may repeat Gamma again after doing it once. I have a lot of room to improve on some of the workouts.
  • mipmicah
    Options
    Great write-up!!!

I am looking forward to Gamma after 1 more week of Beta. Our plan is to do Pure Gamma then Gamma Strenght then switch back and forth between the two adding weights as we progress.
  • eganita
    Options
    Thank you!!

That is a great plan.. feel free to post what you think about Gamma as well, if you want. I'm curious to hear what others think about it. I am loaning my T25 Alpha/Beta to a friend so will probably stick to pure Gamma twice in a row, I think.

Oh one warning - I've definitely had to LOWER my weights some of the time... sometimes you end up doing certain exercises a whole lot. I typically try to start out at 10 lbs and sometimes need to drop to 5 lbs. There are some other exercises (such as the arm fly ones) that I usually do with 5 lbs normally. There are a few exercises in one of the workouts (can't remember which DVD now) where they specifically tell you to use a lighter weight (one was for supermans, but lifting a weight as you pulse your arms. UGH!! That is hard enough without weights lol!). 5 lbs wasn't light enough for me... I may consider buying 2.5 lbs or something. I'm not sure how relevant these weight amounts will be for you, though... but just keep in mind that it may be helpful to have a range of different weights nearby (if you own them) when you are doing the workouts!
  • mipmicah
    Options
    @eganita - I bet 10 lbs weight are really burning you. Women weights are listed as 5-8 lbs & Men weights as 8-12 lbs. You are one tough cookie!
  • eganita
    Options
    haha :) Well, thanks.. I appreciate that! Honestly it's mostly b/c I only have 5 lb, 10 lb, and 15 lb weights. I think 8 would perhaps be better for me but haven't gotten around to buying that weight :)