Premier League 2014....

Options
Ok I will start the topics on this new forum. I am hoping that it doesn't get too tribal & that it will be adult debate with a bit of friendly banter thrown in for good measure...

Right I will nail my colours to the wall... I am a lifelong Liverpool FC fan.

To say I am excited but bricking it at the moment is an understatement. This season has been the best for a long time. Not because we are looking strong at the moment but because of the yo-yoing of the league is amazing.

Who do you think will raise the Premier League Cup on May 11th?

Cheers

Lammo

Replies

• tbucks
    tbucks Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Liverpool or Man City, the match in two weeks will be huge. Looking forward to it.

I'm a Barcelona fan with no team in the PL, but I like Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U. I hate Chelsea. I know you can't really like all those teams, but those are the teams I enjoy watching.
  • Cammy_Atleta8
    Options
    Thanks for starting the posts Lammo and tbucks!

I'm a Sunderland fan :blushing: :yawn: After tonight's defeat I really think we could be heading down! :sad:

I think Man City will win the league this year as Chelsea seem to have some minor slip ups in them. However, I'd love to see Liverpool win it. I think Brendan Rodgers has a great football philosophy and without doubt Sturridge and Suarez best paring in the Premiership! Also a local Sunderland boy Henderson in there as well and he has improved a lot and It would nice to see Stevie G get the trophy! Few games left and very nervous time for you Lammo:wink:
  • Lammo_UK
    Lammo_UK Posts: 61
    Options
    Very nervy at the moment. Every game as it comes & carry on dreaming till it sorts itself out!

I hope Sunderland don't drop down, you never know miracles happen!

I think this year Liverpool are the neutrals favourite because of the way Rogers has got them playing. I would love to see Stevie lift the trophy, the boy deserves it...

Agree with your view on Hendo. I read somewhere that he left Sunderland a year to early & I think that is true. He has turned into a true workhorse.

Interesting to see United pull a draw against Bayern. Should be an interesting return leg. Also the Barcelona-Athletico game is poised on a knife edge..
  • Cammy_Atleta8
    Options
    Haha I bet you are! Great time for L'pool though very exciting! A massive game against Citeh soon :noway:

Me too I'm praying but it's looking harder each game!

Yeah I agree, lovely football and goals galore at times! Stevie G deserves it a lot, It would be great to see him lift it, top class player!

Yeah Hendo has developed soo much! He might get some games for England in the world cup:smile: He's definitely better than Cleverley I think!

Yeah both tight matches! And PSG beating Chelski! I think Real Madrid for the Champs league :happy:
  • tbucks
    tbucks Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The current board at Barcelona continues to destroy the teams image. It's really a shame that they keep getting caught up in these shady dealings. The current board should call for elections after the last president had to resign, hopefully Laporta and Cruyff come back to the camp nou.
  • Cammy_Atleta8
    Options
    I saw that tbucks about Barca been banned from next seasons transfer window :noway: :ohwell: .
    Yeah It would be great if Laporta and Cruyff came back for you!
  • Lammo_UK
    Lammo_UK Posts: 61
    Options
    Off topic & it pains me to say it...Chelski pulling it out of the bag against PSG last night. What an atmosphere there was there last night. A real true European Cup tie. I didn't realise their fans put the champagne down long enough to create a din like that!!

City game this weekend is going to be a bit of a ding dong. I think it will be an exciting match & to be fair I am s...ing myself. The nerves are getting too much to handle!! West Ham game was a drain on my nervous system!

Its getting to the sharp end now at the top & bottom. I hope Poyet pulls it out of the bag, those couple of games in hand may be the saviour but I have to say its looking a bit ropey! The turmoil at Norwich may cost them points. I know Liverpool will be trying their hardest to beat them...!

What is the crack at Barca at the moment? As tBucks said they are a great club but maybe losing their way a bit in the board room. I went to see them play at Camp Nou against Real Madrid in Aug 2012 (Spanish Super Cup I think) & it was a great night. The atmosphere was different to UK games but still electric (& you could have a beer whilst watching!!. One for the memory bank. 3-2 with all goals in the 2nd half! We took an American friend who had never even watched a 'soccer' game before...he loved it!! What a 1st match to go to...

Good luck for the next game gents...