Replies

• mipmicah
    mipmicah Posts: 31
    Options
    Beta week 4 day 4 done. 2nd time this week for Dynamic Core ;(
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    What kind of sneakers does everyone wear? I ended up working out barefoot yesterday cause my shoes were being an annoyance during the workout.

I wear Brooks GTS shoes. I've had problems with plantar fasciitis (foot issues) in the past which prompted me to get properly fitted at a running store (versus buying the cheapest most colorful shoes I could find, which used to be my method of choice). I would not even consider working out barefoot - I need more support for my feet. I know some people like to run and workout barefoot - but that is not for me.

Annoyance how? Like not feeling good on your foot... or getting caught up in the carpet, etc, in your house? If the former --

Especially if you do other stuff like going for runs, etc, I recommend going to a specialized running store to get fitted to see what shoes work best for you, at least once. I bought my first pair at the running store (About $110). I now buy them online for a cheaper price.
  • eganita
    Options
    Just when I think I hate the work out I love them. Speed 1.0 yesterday I loved and again lower focus today. I am proud to say I completed the entire work out with minimal mods (only on ones that killed my knees until I get new shoes...mine suck so bad) and I feel like I nailed it! I kept up the entire time!!!! It is so awesome to finally be doing well. I think it took me the first 2 weeks just to figure out how to do the moves ha ha.

You all are doing so awesome. I see all the beta and gamma posts and I am so motivated!!! Keep it up everyone.
    *edited to correct spelling*

Thanks!! You are doing great too :) I know what you mean... it can take me awhile with the moves too. Wait 'til you get to Speed 2.0... took me a bit to get the hang of it (though I'd put that in my top 2 or 3 of favorite Beta workouts :))
  • collroblola
    Options
    What kind of sneakers does everyone wear? I ended up working out barefoot yesterday cause my shoes were being an annoyance during the workout.

I wear Brooks GTS shoes. I've had problems with plantar fasciitis (foot issues) in the past which prompted me to get properly fitted at a running store (versus buying the cheapest most colorful shoes I could find, which used to be my method of choice). I would not even consider working out barefoot - I need more support for my feet. I know some people like to run and workout barefoot - but that is not for me.

Annoyance how? Like not feeling good on your foot... or getting caught up in the carpet, etc, in your house? If the former --

Especially if you do other stuff like going for runs, etc, I recommend going to a specialized running store to get fitted to see what shoes work best for you, at least once. I bought my first pair at the running store (About $110). I now buy them online for a cheaper price.

I guess cause they're bulky cross trainers. Need to go to runners store for sure!
  • slik1227
    slik1227 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I guess cause they're bulky cross trainers. Need to go to runners store for sure!

I wear Souceny (sp?) and was fitted at a running store as well. I have super high arches and tend towards plantar fasciatis and would never consider anything else. They are more expensive and I average 2 pair per year but it is well worth it..
  • slik1227
    Options
    Rip'd circuit done! Nailed it and feeling fantastic!
  • mipmicah
    Options
    Beta week 4 day 5 - Upper Focus - My favorite workout!
  • slik1227
    Options

OOOHHHH - I did that yesterday! It was fantastic!
  • eganita
    Options

I really like that one too.. I like that there is more upper body stuff in Beta. In Alpha, you're hit over the head with push-ups and stuff in TBC but then there's really not much more upper body stuff throughout the week. I like in Beta how it's a more frequent occurrence!
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am currently on my first week of Alpha. It's still tough for me to get through the workouts, but I'm still pushing..... I'm hoping with time, I get better :)

How long before you were able to push through the whole workout without any breaks. I tend to follow Shaun and then I have to remind myself that Tania is right there with the modified moves. I have to focus on Tania for now :)

Tonight, I will do my two workouts. I'm excited!

Please feel free to follow. I can use all the encouragement and support I can get.
  • mipmicah
    Options
    @ Dnise122 *** How long before you were able to push through the whole workout without any breaks. I tend to follow Shaun and then I have to remind myself that Tania is right there with the modified moves. I have to focus on Tania for now :)

@ Mipmicah *** I started Alpha doing 100% modified and grading myself as doing 40% as good as Tonya (modifier). I pushed myself with each work out modifying mainly at the front with goals of finishing the last 5 minutes well or less modified. Today, I’m grading myself as 65% as good as the NON-Modified… I drop down to Tonya only 30% of the time. I’m counting my calories at 1500 with 250 burned fromT25.

Today I made my first "Nailed It" at Beta Week 4 day 5... Hang in there and keep doing your best, move safely, and FOCUS!!! :smile:
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Lower focus and cardio done today day 3&4 of week 3 alpha tmm will be day 5 double workout and I will be done with week 3 :) doubled up today since I rested yesterday
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I had been working out barefoot too lol
    I got new Nike's they are running shoes. Some of the jump turns are hard since I am working out on carpet, but overall my feet feel so much better now than when I was not using shoes or having to wear my horrible crap ones since I couldn't do calf hops without them. Find what works for you and stick with it!
    =)
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am currently on my first week of Alpha. It's still tough for me to get through the workouts, but I'm still pushing..... I'm hoping with time, I get better :)

How long before you were able to push through the whole workout without any breaks. I tend to follow Shaun and then I have to remind myself that Tania is right there with the modified moves. I have to focus on Tania for now :)

Tonight, I will do my two workouts. I'm excited!

Please feel free to follow. I can use all the encouragement and support I can get.
    It was somewhere in week 3 that I really "got it" and was kicking *kitten* with the workouts. It took me that long just to be confident in the moves and my ability to do it! You will get there!
  • Breeca2
    Breeca2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I didn't do the program the last few days, not happy about it. At an rate, I am back to it beginning tomorrow.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Week 3 done I forgot to do a staturday this week was busy getting ready for my little ones first bday but I manage to get this week done doubled up a few times and today I did the final 2 workouts my weight yesterday was 146.8 so I lost a few lbs
  • mipmicah
    Options
    @ Breeca2 - Glad your back at it... just press play :smile:
  • asherman1008
    Options

I do certain workouts bare foot, especially if there is no floor work. But if there is a lot of plank work and burpees I wear Merrell Pace Gloves. I love them. They are minimalist running shoes (not the crazy ones with the toes) but they aren't big and bulky with a lot of cushion and they are really snug on my feet so they're perfect for this type of workout if I need extra grip on the carpet.
  • slik1227
    Options
    I ran a 5k on Saturday!!! then I ran Monday, but struggled. Today was a Rip'd Circuit and it was tough gut great! That last minute sets your abs on FIRE!