Hi, new here!

Options
ziggypop93
ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
My husband and I just invested in a home gym with power rack, olympic bar, weights, bench, etc... and today I started SL 5x5! I read all the information and feel really good about starting.

So I guess I'm just introducing myself and saying HI! I'm a 38-year old stay-at-home-mom and full time college student. I've been on a journey to get fit for a long time, was down 60 pounds, and between October and now, gained 30 back :( I love lifting and did it when I was in my late teens. This program seems to the point and I really love that. That's all!

Replies

• wendypow
    wendypow Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's a good program! I did it for 3 months before switching to 5/3/1 in January - it did get a little boring after a while. But it was nice just having a schedule of exactly what to do so I didn't have to think about it. Plus my hips were not happy from squatting 3x/week!

:smile:
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I used to lift as a teen as well and it was the simplicity and straightforwardness of the program that drew me. I have enough worries and drama in life without my workout program adding more lol.
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I used to lift as a teen as well and it was the simplicity and straightforwardness of the program that drew me. I have enough worries and drama in life without my workout program adding more lol.
    Definitely!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group too! Me and my husband did the same thing about 2 months ago. We started just kinda doing our own thing. I started looking for a lifting program. I found information on 5/3/1 and we started doing it last week. It feels good but we feel like we are not doing enough. It only takes like 30 minutes to go through the program. We are both fairly fit (i.e. we do a lot of outdoor activities and cardio). We just want some muscles to start getting bigger and stronger :-). I wonder if we should be doing a different program besides 5/3/1.
    My husband and I just invested in a home gym with power rack, olympic bar, weights, bench, etc... and today I started SL 5x5! I read all the information and feel really good about starting.

So I guess I'm just introducing myself and saying HI! I'm a 38-year old stay-at-home-mom and full time college student. I've been on a journey to get fit for a long time, was down 60 pounds, and between October and now, gained 30 back :( I love lifting and did it when I was in my late teens. This program seems to the point and I really love that. That's all!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome and yes it is simple, easy to follow and I personally love it...

6 months in and not bored yet.
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome :-)