Don't be a fool! Take the April challenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    15.3 for the day, 55.9 for the week. Finally getting back up to my regular mileage. Didn't feel too bad out there, but I need to get used to spring weather!
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Got slide tackled into playing soccer last monday, ergo not running do to foot swelling issues. Going to start up again tomorrow, woot!
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Getting a little discouraged...haven't been able to log as many miles as I've wanted...but I hope to at least get close! :)
  • davemunger
    Options
    Getting a little discouraged...haven't been able to log as many miles as I've wanted...but I hope to at least get close! :)
    Got slide tackled into playing soccer last monday, ergo not running do to foot swelling issues. Going to start up again tomorrow, woot!

Keep it up, folks! 13 days left, let's make them count!

I just updated the spreadsheet and looks like about half of us are over halfway done -- other folks may just need to update the sheet. Stay strong!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Dave, in future spreadsheets, can we get a % days of month remaining column next to % of miles remaining, for comparison purposes? I don't know if you can set it to automatically cycle to the next numerical day of the month though.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Dave, in future spreadsheets, can we get a % days of month remaining column next to % of miles remaining, for comparison purposes? I don't know if you can set it to automatically cycle to the next numerical day of the month though.

Sure, that's easy to do. But we don't actually need a whole column -- it would be the same for everyone.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Per SDM80's suggestion, I added a box indicating how much of the month is left. This gives you a good point of comparison to the percentage of miles remaining. Keep it up, everyone!

Apr_MFP.png
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I upped my goal by 60 miles, seeing how I surpassed the old one. The "% of the month left" is a really clever addition!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dave.

I give up trying to update this on my iphone. Need a real computer.
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Ran the Two Oceans Ultramarathon (56km/35mi). Would love to race it, but paced it as a long run. Very proud of my self control and hit most of my time markers within a minute of the planned pace. Final finish was about 20s off my targeted finish time. Running as opposed to racing has its advantages and recovery was quick (i.e. I could get up and down stairs without having to pull myself using my arms!)
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ran the Two Oceans Ultramarathon (56km/35mi). Would love to race it, but paced it as a long run. Very proud of my self control and hit most of my time markers within a minute of the planned pace. Final finish was about 20s off my targeted finish time. Running as opposed to racing has its advantages and recovery was quick (i.e. I could get up and down stairs without having to pull myself using my arms!)

Great job! Way to execute the plan!
  • crosstraindylan
    Options
    Updated my mileage goal to a 100-still have to wear the ankle sleeve when I run, but oh well.
  • davemunger
    Options
    We're in the home stretch, folks -- just two days left in the month!

I took a wild guess at my mileage and somehow with two days left I just need 13 miles. I had a tough race this weekend (I was a member of a 215-mile relay team and ran 39 miles) but I'm not feeling too bad today, so I think I'm going to make it! I will update the chart later today.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Broke my goal of 150 yesterday. Should be able to hit 170+ by Wednesday.
  • crosstraindylan
    Options
    20 miles in three days . .. challenge accepted
  • davemunger
    Options
    224.8 miles for the month. My goal was 225. Nope, not gonna go out for a .2-mile run. This month is done, and I'm calling it a win. I was recovering from a 50K trail run and pretty much made a random guess at the mileage I'd hit for the month. I'd say I guessed pretty well!

I'm going to try to set up the May challenge this morning; I'll let you know when it's ready!
  • davemunger
    Options
    The May challenge is live!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1271875-may-the-may-2014-challenge-be-with-you

I will update the April spreadsheet one more time tomorrow, so you still have a chance to log any April runs (or even run 1 or 3 more times today!)