Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Dr. Apt

KimberlyTG2
KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
I don't know about you, but I feel like I am at the Dr.'s all the time now. I nervously went to my high risk dr. yesterday to see if we had any changes (hoping we did not). Well it turning out great! I am no longer classified as having Placenta Previa. In fact, he said unless I have any major problems, I don't have to come see him anymore. It was a Good Day!
Oh I did learn one interesting thing... So people keep asking me when I'm due and looking surprised when I say in May. I think they expect me to say now. Or they ask if I am having twins and when I say no, they say are you sure. I just want to punch them all. Anyway... I asked how big the baby is, thinking they would say around 4lb... which I thought would be big... she said 4.15lb!!! baby is already almost 5lb!! No wonder I feel like am carrying a heavy bowling ball, I am! I don't know how I am having these big babies (my son was 8'll lb, 2 weeks early). I'm only 5'4 and my husband is 5'6 and skinny. This dude is huge!
We already planned to have a c-sec at 38 weeks, but the high risk doc said my ob might want to consider 37 weeks. I wouldn't argue with that. I am tired.

Replies

• TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Between my perinatologist every two weeks, monitoring twice a week and my regular OB every two weeks, plus the chiropractor once a week - I feel you! Congrats on no more previa, that's awesome. I hate when people make stupid comments about a pregnant woman's size or due date or whatever... they just need to shut up. It's rude and none of their business. I have the opposite problem where people think I am not due for a while but I'm really tall. Also when I was pregnant with my son everyone thought he was going to be this huge baby and he was 6 pounds 15 ounces.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    I feel the opposite about doctor visits. I am paying cash for my obgyn ($3100) and only seeing him once a month right now. I get weighed, I get measured and I get sent home. I am thinking these visits are really freaking expensive considering nothing eventful seems to come from them.

I also get people telling me that I look huge and asking if I am having twins. At my last visit, a whole month ago, I was told my baby was 15" long! Holy crap! I still had over 3 months to go and already my baby was at a length that would be considered only a little small for a birth weight. At my ultrasound, (I was 21 weeks at the time) the tech measured around the baby's head and said it was measuring normal for 21 weeks. She measured his abdomen and again, said it was right on for 21 weeks. Then she measured his length and, even she seemed schocked, his length was measuring that of a 25 week fetus. My baby is just going to be really long! I am not actually surprised though. I am 5' 6" and I am the shortest one in my family (I have 16 brothers and sisters and I am the midget:p). All of the boys in my family are over 6 feet tall and my husband is 6' 3".

I have no plans of being induced or a Csection and have a history of going overdue so I am guessing he is not only going to be long, he is going to be pretty big too!
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    babylansmom - Congrats about the placenta previa not being an issue anymore! So exciting! That is a HUGE baby for 2 weeks early (your first son). I would be ready at 37 weeks too, if I had the chance and knew they would be completely healthy (no feeding/breathing issues - which I think is uncommon at that point) then I would totally go for that too! I'm over being pregnant! I have found ultrasound weights to be inaccurate (my son was supposed to be 8.5-9lbs at term and he was 7lbs 12 oz two weeks late).

Agree that people don't need to make comments on a pregnant woman's appearance or weight. Why is it that people feel it's ok to comment on a pregnant woman's anything when it would be rude to comment on someone that isn't pregnant? I'm the opposite of tcrofford - I'm 5'2"/5'3" so I'm huge and all baby. I ask my husband at least every other day if I look pregnant not fat though (I don't know why this is my biggest worry). He asked me this last week if I was sure there was only one in there (being funny - not a jerk). NO one else seems to comment about me except my mom. Who asks me regularly how much weight I've gained and how good I'm doing and how I look great etc etc. I know she means well, but it's like I don't need that much focus on it - I'm thinking about my health/appearance enough I don't need someone else constantly asking.

tiggerhammon - I'm sorry did you say you were one of 16? Holy crap. NO way I would do this 16 times! Your mom must be a saint.

I go overdue with my babies (13 days after induction with my son then naturally 6 days late with my daughter). I plan on refusing any induction unless needed and am hoping for another vaginal birth, so I'll probably be here a while, though I am REALLY hoping for a 37/38 week baby. I'm done. This is baby #3 in less than 3 years (My oldest my son turns 3 in June) and I have just been pregnant too much. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE an April 30th baby (I'm due May 18th).
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member

tiggerhammon - I'm sorry did you say you were one of 16? Holy crap. NO way I would do this 16 times! Your mom must be a saint.

No, I said I have 16 brothers and sisters. That makes me one of 17.
    They are not all my mother's. My dad has been married 3 times and this is kids with 3 different women.