macros?

Options
amw8675309
amw8675309 Posts: 95 Member
I was just curious what other runners have their macros set to. I'm training for my 3rd half right now and wondering if what I have mine set to are OK for the training I am doing. I am runing 20-25 miles/week plus 1 day of cross training and have mine set at 50/20/30 (carbs/protein/fat). Would I be better off with a higher percentage of carbs?

Replies

• ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I was just curious what other runners have their macros set to. I'm training for my 3rd half right now and wondering if what I have mine set to are OK for the training I am doing. I am runing 20-25 miles/week plus 1 day of cross training and have mine set at 50/20/30 (carbs/protein/fat). Would I be better off with a higher percentage of carbs?

I'm at 60% carbs, 100 grams ± protein, and fat makes up the balance.

Best source that I've found for this type of info is Fitzgerald's book on nutrition for the Half and Full (Amazon has it for about $10 for the Kindle version). In addition to discussing macros, there's good info on other things (caffeine, beetroot), as well as alternate strategies on carb and fat loading. Finally, all of this is woven into a training plan. Good read.
  • amw8675309
    amw8675309 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    thanks! i will definitely check it out!