Hello!

Options
nineteentwenty
nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
Hi, this is my first group, but it seemed right for me! I have always been curvy in an hourglass way.

My current measurements are 39-28-36, I am 135lbs, and 5'9".

Tummy tightening advise is more than welcome :)

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hello, i'm an hourglass too. I'm guessing you have a hard time finding clothes that fit properly in the hips and waist too?

Only advice I can give is posture- makes a lot of differece. Other than that -make freinds with a bit of a round tum- seems to be a feature of hourglasses- its called the amentum (sp?). Its job is to protect the baby from bumps once its in the belly. So I guess as well as child-bearing hips, we get a child bearing belly too.

Even at her skinniest (tiny) my Mum still had her little round tum. The only time she had a flat stomach was when the Dr's shaved off her amentum during her hysterectomy surgery :(

If any one has any tips I'll be listening intentely......

Great idea for a group by the way.
  • nineteentwenty
    Options
    Ugh, bikini shopping is the worst. But I found some great brands for giant boobs and small rib cages :)

Yes! My belly makes me sad :c I don't need it FLAT flat, just enough so I don't put on a tight shirt, look down, and think "Oh Hell no."
  • Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Neat idea for a group! I have some curves when my weight is low enough for them to show :) I am 5'6" and 126 lbs which is just about where I want to be. But I am not at all tone. My baby belly needs flattening and my back-side needs a lift.

I recently started working out to the Tracy Anderson precision toning DVD. I like it because there are 4 separate sections, arms, legs, butt and abs (15 min each). I try to do 2 sections a day. I like the first half of the abs section (lying on the back exercises), but the plank poses are brutal. Too soon to tell if there is any progress, but it hurts enough to feel like I am making a difference!

I agree 100% about posture! I sit at a desk a lot for work, which has not helped much with posture, but I am a work in progress. Good luck finding that perfect bikini! It will be fun to check into this group to see what advice people have!
  • Kinseykick
    Options
    I just joined this group and its my first as well :) I'm 5'3 and 130lb but I feel like most of it is in my butt and thighs (where its always been) but my main goal is to get rid of this little muffin top. I used to play soccer and was about 120ish but a lot of that was muscle. Now that the muscle is being replaced by fat, I'm trying to tone it down.

But yeah bathing suits are never fun... You find the perfect top and the bottom doesn't fit or visa versa. Don't even think about buying a set together. I'm a small top and a large bottom, haha can't even meet in the middle with a medium.
  • nineteentwenty
    Options
    Oh goodness, I meant that this was the first group that I joined! My bad.

I have some great recommendations for bikini brands that cater to people with larger busts, I just bought this one in a 32G.
    http://www.panache-lingerie.com/en/products/details/panache-swim/britt/halter-bikini/navy-spot
  • coquinat
    coquinat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey! I like this group. My body shape is changing from losing weight and I am curvy! :D I have a nice butt and thick thighs, and it is nicely proportioned to the rest of my body. I use them to dance, dance, dance. When I was younger I got teased for my body and wished to be thin, but now I like my body so much more and I am grateful for what I have. Love!