Spring Groceries! 4/3/14

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
http://www.health.com/health/gallery/thumbnails/0,,20667261,00.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/06/spring-foods-photos_n_2813963.html

Why not challenge yourself to buy more delectable spring foods that bring health and vitality to your body and mind?!
I personally can't wait for the strawberries and the asparagus...to me they taste better this time of year. YUMMO!!!!!!

Why not add another challenge and research today about a Farmer's Market in your area!!!

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    They have some stuff I don't think about as spring - ruhbarb takes a bit - pretty much into summer before that's ready to eat. But you reminded me that I need to go check all those wild aspagarus spots along the trails and do some wild harvesting. :laugh:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Strawberry season is almost over here (Florida strawberry season starts in Feb and goes through April, boo hiss, my fave food going out of season....) but blueberry season is starting up which will be good and the spring foods are already out so will be starting to keep an eye peeled on the roadside stands (don't know about anywhere else, but we have people who go out and pick in the early morning then pull their truck to the side of the road and put out signs, so you can go down the road and get fresh produce for even less than the farm stands)
  • cln1111
    cln1111 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking this morning about how I need to find a farmers market in my new neighborhood. it is such a joy to shop outdoors and actually meet the person who grew the food.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Miss Warrior I love both the truck on the side of the road and the Farmer's Market! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE strawberries! Woo HOO! Asparagus! Yummo! I can't wait!
    To me it makes dishes taste soooo much better when you get in season. I stopped buying strawberries out of season.