What is your favorite item of clothing?

Options
aquarabbit
aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
Special occasion? Loungewear? Everyday jeans? What comes to mind as your favorite and why?

I have two. One is a deep teal three quarter length sweater. It's my most versatile piece. Casual with grey jeans, dressy with a pencil skirt, sexy with embroidered or leather leggings, or flashy with big jewelry. It's one of those pieces that goes with everything. The fabric is light enough for warm weather, but loose enough to layer if it's colder. It's the perfect fit that's loose, but still gives me shape. I liked it so much I made a pattern of it so I can make more. Best part is that it was a cheap thrift store find at $5. So yeah, I think I get my money's worth. :tongue:

The other is a Diane Von Furstenberg Abigail dress that I got for a steal at $100 from Nordstrom Rack. I have it in a cream and violet pattern. It's just about the most comfortable dress I've ever owned and again, one of my most versatile pieces. Red heels and lips for date night, silver accessories for weddings or showers, flats and a canvas bag for day trips or shopping. My only complaint is that it's getting a little roomy and I am terrified of taking it in and ruining the fit! So this is one item that I'm going to be paying someone to tailor as I lose more weight.

Replies

• MayaDyra
    MayaDyra Posts: 90
    Options
    Post pictures of them :P The sweater sounds very versatile and fun to wear and the dress sounds lovely also)

Well at the MOMENT I quite like my black Burberry mid length trench coat but in mid April, I'll be receiving 2 tops that I ordered, and I think this one will probably be very very nice:

http://www.gucci.com/us/styles/3085343G0019060#
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of my three quarter length sweaters when I saw this!

I also have a see through teal sleeveless business top with a collar. I wear it with a white tank top under. I love it because the fabric in the back goes down over my butt, so I can really get away with wearing yoga pants in the office and no one even knows.

I feel like I'm in yoga pants and tank top on all day with this light airy business top covering up my secret!

I just wish I could find more.