Where in the sync chain to put Runkeeper?

Options
alexotica
alexotica Posts: 24 Member
So right now I use a serial connection between connected accounts to avoid duplicates:

Fitocracy <-> Runkeeper <-> Digifit <-> Fitbit <-> MFP.

Runkeeper's the latest addition. I just joined Fitocracy... and the only thing that syncs with it is Runkeeper.

So is this the best place in the chain for Runkeeper? Or would I get more out of it by putting it on the other side of MyFitnessPal.

(Crossposted from Fitocrats group).

Replies

• flatpack63
    flatpack63 Posts: 4
    Options
    The setup you have with RK straight into Fito is probably the best if the sessions still trickle through to MFP.

Is nutrition from MFP filtered out when you go to RK via fitbit/digifit? I just have RK <-> MFP and there is a lot of oversharing with the calorie counts sent to RK. The only option I have is to mark nutrition as private in RK, but it still floods my view of the RK activity feed.

I've asked both RK and MFP to make the sharing level more configurable.
  • flatpack63
    flatpack63 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hmm.. Looks like either RK or MFP listened to my complaints about over-sharing. The nutrition posts have disappeared from the RK feed. So now there's no problem with RK<->MFP direct.
  • alexotica
    Options
    I don't think I ever looked at my Runkeeper feed until today. No, there's no data appearing there except for Digifit-originated workouts.

I mainly (only?) use Runkeeper as a gateway to apps (Achievemint and Fitocracy, mainly) which I would otherwise prefer Digifit connect to directly.

Glad it's sorted out on your end.
  • alexotica
    Options
    Oh, BTW looks like a 5K run using Digifit, which is then shared with Runkeeper, counts as a 5K Runkeeper run for the purposes of their current cross promotion with LG. I got an email after a Digifit run saying I'd completed the "challenge."

http://www.runkeeper.com/challenge/lg

The fine print says manually logged activities don't count, so it looks like they don't treat Digifit workouts as manually entered data.