New to this- A constant battle with my emotions!

Options
1st week felt determined did well
2nd week I could feel those feelings of wanting my 'usual foods' kick in had fish and chips last Friday
3rd week the cravings for fast food and sugary foods are at there peak, even crying I want them so bad-ordered a chinese takeaway last night!
After eating what I felt I 'needed/wanted' guilt kicked in (again), why do I give in to these food cravings when I know I have no quality of life through over eating all the bad foods?
Another day today so here we go again :)

Replies

• Valereee
    Valereee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Oh, I totally can sympathize with you! I live four blocks from the only Chinese restaurant in this town and I have to drive super fast, otherwise I can smell it and get tempted. I shouldn't have to deny myself forever, so I made a deal with myself that I WILL get some takeaway food when I get to a certain weight. That way I have that treat waiting for me. And who knows -- maybe by then it will pass. As for the fast food -- I know what you mean on that, too! Earlier in my weight loss I would incorporate those calories and fit them into my meals. I ate McNuggets, burgers, ice cream cones, some fish & chips, etc. But after a lifetime of eating fast food, I'm slowly losing my taste for it. The last few times I went through the drive through for my husband or grand kids, I either ordered the side salad, or nothing at all -- and didn't feel deprived. I wouldn't have believed it, but it really did happen. Plan your meals for the day before hand so you know what you're going to eat. That way you won't get caught off guard by being ravenous while you're driving past something yummy. I wish you great success. It's super hard at first, but it eventually becomes a routine and if you plan things right, you don't feel deprived. You can add me if you'd like.