Friday...pumping moms, who's with me?

ajzmann
ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
Not sure about you other working/pumping moms, but TGIF has a whole new meaning to me!

Two more pumps til the weekend!

And high fives to all of us for making it another week. :)

Replies

• Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    i really and truly applaud you ladies who pump any significant amount. drives me batty to pump. i did over the course of two days so i could get out of the house for a long while (i was going insane) and UGH. and i had to pump for his first 2 days of life, as he got transferred to another hospital for surgery and i didnt want to lose my milk coming in, plus i wanted to give him the colostrum
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Ah very sweet this is my second week back to work, and it's not been that bad. I have been able to keep up with his needs and even freeze a little.

Yeah to use pumping working Moms!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 913 Member
    After pumping for 14 months, this is my 2nd Friday at work with no pump. It is totally worth all of the hard work. Keep it up awesome mamas!!!
  • ajzmann
    After pumping for 14 months, this is my 2nd Friday at work with no pump. It is totally worth all of the hard work. Keep it up awesome mamas!!!

I'm jealous of you for not pumping, but you're AWESOME for doing it for so long. Gives me hope and motivates me to keep at it. My little girl is about 4.5 months, and I've been pumping for almost two months now. Blahhhh. But through all the annoying bits, she's worth every single trip down the stairs to the lactation room. :)
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    I'm still pumping, but only once, my little guy is 20 months now. I can't believe I've made it this far, but I'm probably going to quit soon. He isn't even really taking the milk anymore, I'm doing it more to donate for the most part. Once I hit 1000 ounces I'm done.

I feel like once I stop pumping it's one more step in my baby not being a baby anymore....and plus my boobs hurt when I don't.
  • FitMama2013
    I'm jealous of you for not pumping, but you're AWESOME for doing it for so long. Gives me hope and motivates me to keep at it. My little girl is about 4.5 months, and I've been pumping for almost two months now. Blahhhh. But through all the annoying bits, she's worth every single trip down the stairs to the lactation room. :)

It gets so much easier…I promise!!! I took my time weaning from pumping at work (over 4-5 months) and never had any trouble. You can definitely do this - just keep at it!
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Great work ladies!! I pumped at work for 12 months for each of my 3 kids, so 3 years of pumping (yikes!). I'm still nursing my 15 month old but stopped pumping at work and I was SOOOOO happy the last day I did it! I hated pumping so much. :( But so worth it to continue the nursing relationship and give breastmilk to my babies! :)
  • ajzmann
    I'm still pumping, but only once, my little guy is 20 months now. I can't believe I've made it this far, but I'm probably going to quit soon. He isn't even really taking the milk anymore, I'm doing it more to donate for the most part. Once I hit 1000 ounces I'm done.

I feel like once I stop pumping it's one more step in my baby not being a baby anymore....and plus my boobs hurt when I don't.

You are so amazing to donate! What a wonderful gift you are giving to other mothers. :)

Pumping is awful, but at the same time, I feel connected to my baby when I do it. I have a feeling when it comes time to wean from the pump, I will be partly sad.
  • FitMama2013

You are so amazing to donate! What a wonderful gift you are giving to other mothers. :)

Pumping is awful, but at the same time, I feel connected to my baby when I do it. I have a feeling when it comes time to wean from the pump, I will be partly sad.

It's interesting you mention that because I thought I would be 100% celebrating my last day of pumping (and I did!), but there was a small part of me that had a hard time packing up the pump for good and letting my office know I no longer needed the room. Crazy :)
  • ajzmann
    Back here again, ladies!

Today, I celebrate five months of EBF along with another week of successfully pumping.

Hooray to all of us!
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    great job! i only pumped until 14 months at work (shes 18 months now and they really they only have to let me have extra breaks for pumping until 12 months according to the laws here but they were really awesome about it) and i got tired of it lol WAY TO GO! keep it up!
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    I totally agree with you! I cannot wait for Fridays so I can leave the pump in the closet for the weekend! Tomorrow will be 19weeks for me! "patting self on back" :)
  • ajzmann
    High five on another week ladies!

(Sorry, I know you all appreciate this here!)