SOS shout out Sundays April 6

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
hello guys how's it going we had a really great weather yesterday it was gorgeous Wendy but it was still gorgeous. Today I went to church and its cold I had to turn the heat on in my car. So what went right and what went wrong this week Oh what did you learn that you want to share with everyone shut out sundays are for us to share so that we can learn from each other and encourage each other. What I learned this week is doing weekly challenges works for me. I cant believe its been almost 9 years it took me to discover this but I think this is what will make me consistent with exercise. Weekly challenges I can just focus on the week not a whole month which is too overwhelming. This week our challenge myself to walk 3 times for 30 minutes and I made it can hear I am really happy because I found something that works for me! What works for you?

Replies

• seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    What works for me is having certain daily goals like drinking at least 64 ounces of water and making sure to eat 3 servings of vegetables. It is difficult for me to set specific fitness goals because it really depends on how my family is doing that week and what timing looks like. As long as I do something at least three times a week, that is sufficient (but I'm not really losing weight or feeling like I'm toning up much). I'm trying to add more strength training to my workouts by doing at least 20 minutes of weights when I do cardio at the gym. I'm going out of town for work this week, and I've packed five workout outfits, my yoga bag, and several workout dvds. I'm pumped and ready! Hoping to get the opportunity to go to the park and run though too (the hotel I'm staying at is in the middle of several highways, and we are carpooling:/)
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Im trying anything in the world I can think of...I just order a polar heart rate monitor that I am super stoked about.......
    I'm thinking seeing my heart rate through out the day will help motivate me to get to the gym to see if i can hit my targets rates,
    how long I can sustain it.

I also found this which may help OP and her weekly goal setting :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1237681-april-2014-move-it-180-360-minutes-a-week-challenge
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I learned a couple things over the week:
    1) Sometimes you have an off week, it's not a BAD week, just off and it can throw everything for a loop, but you get through it and move on
    2) Acceptance of where you're at is not a bad thing, it's okay as long as it doesn't hold you back and you don't get stuck on it (it makes shopping for clothes a heck of a lot less stressful)

Today I am starting a 10K step challenge at work, so we'll see how much it helps in getting me farther along in where I want to be (it's 2:30 in the afternoon and I'm at 6300 steps.)